- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Conceptual Modeling: Foundations and Applications: Essays in Honor of John Mylopoulos Paperback – Aug 11 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the reviews: “Collection of papers in honor of John Mylopoulos, an important contributor to many computer science fields. In recognition Mylopoulos’ pioneering contributions to the conceptual modeling field, all 25 papers explore conceptual modeling as an important tool. … While all of the contributions are of a high quality, ‘On Non-Functional Requirements in Software Engineering’ is an excellent and readable overview of the field. … these papers ‘are of lasting significance and could also be used to support a course on conceptual modeling.” (M. D. Derk, ACM Computing Reviews, December, 2009)
From the Back Cover
This Festschrift volume, published in honor of John Mylopoulos on the occasion of his retirement from the University of Toronto, contains 25 high-quality papers, written by leading scientists in the field of conceptual modeling.
The volume has been divided into six sections. The first section focuses on the foundations of conceptual modeling and contains material on ontologies and knowledge representation. The four sections on software and requirements engineering, information systems, information integration, and web and services, represent the chief current application domains of conceptual modeling. Finally, the section on implementations concentrates on projects that build tools to support conceptual modeling. With its in-depth coverage of diverse topics, this book could be a useful companion to a course on conceptual modeling.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Methodology
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Data Mining
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Services
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering