- Paperback: 199 pages
- Publisher: Consumer Reports (May 13 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933524170
- ISBN-13: 978-1933524177
- Product Dimensions: 14.4 x 19.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 159 g
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #468,499 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
As a parent, you want to do everything in your power to arm yourself with the best and most complete safety information available. But finding and keeping track of all of this essential information is a daunting task. This book, chock full of easily readable tips, advice, and clear illustrations compiles all the information time-crunched parents and caregivers need to keep their children safe both at home and on the go - so you can spend less time worrying, and more time enjoying your kids.
- Which products are safe to use with your children and how to identify products that are not
- How to eliminate potential hazards in every room in your home
- Tips for your babysitters, grandparents and other caregivers
- Tips beyond childproofing, from basic bite and sting care to more serious problems such as poisoning, choking, and food allergies.
- Playground, beach, water safety and MORE.
- Clear advice for choosing the right car seat and illustrated instructions for proper installation
- Special section on the hazards of LEAD and what you can do about them.
From one of the most trusted sources of safety information, here is an invaluable baby and child safety resource every parent and caregiver should own.
Consumer Reports regularly reports on baby products and child safety issues. Their work is based on the impartial testing and expertise of the Technical Division, which has evaluated products for more than seventy years. Since 1936, the mission of Consumer Reports has been to test, inform, and protect.