Conversations With Roger Sessions Hardcover – May 1987
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
Sessions (1896-1985) belonged to that generation of composers from which emerged what was academically acknowledged as this country's first true talents. Following the obligatory study in Europe, he taught at Princeton and Berkeley. Public acceptance has been slow in coming but, starting in 1974, Olmstead (then a young student) began the 11-year interview that resulted in this beautifully edited work. Without undue modesty, Sessions speaks of his works, their conception and performance, not hesitating (when relevant) to offer opinions on other musicians, education, politics, and others matters. The autobiography he contemplated having never been realized, this work clearly takes on primary importance. Dominique-Rene de Lerma, Music Dept., Morgan State Univ., Baltimore
Copyright 1987 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Biographies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Reference