- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Conversations with Tom Robbins Paperback – Dec 21 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Liam Purdon is professor of English at Doane College, Nebraska. Beef Torrey is a successful editor and literary expert.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In this compilation he is often asked of his writing style and process. His response is, basically, that he despises orhtadoxy and his writing process is extremely unorthadox and doesn't really recommend it to aspiring young writers or anyone for that matter...He begins a novel with no outline, no rough draft and NO PLOT. He works on one sentence at a time, using pen and paper, and somtimes spending hours on a single sentence. He then edits the sentence and moves to the next one, never to rework it again. When a novel is complete (usually 4-5 years) he gives the handwritten manuscript to his editor and he's done. Tom Robbins has never read a one of his finished novels, which I find very cool!!!...Hey, what else can you expect? He is TOM ROBBINS!!!...A true American Hero and the greatest source of my own inspiration...VIVA TOM ROBBINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Authors
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Collections & Readers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature