From the Back Cover
This advice can transform your web site's success
When web design expert Ben Hunt set out to quantify the difference between an ordinary web site and a great one, he expected to find the key in design simplicity. But when his team more than doubled the conversion rates for a wide range of sites, they identified simple yet powerful solutions involving design, copy, appropriate analysis, classic optimization techniques, and targeted testing. You'll find the fixes easy to implement, and they're all right here.
- Understand the essentials — your market, your proposition, and your delivery
- Create a site that is seen by the right people, provides a compelling experience, and generates the desired action
- Learn how to use testing to improve your site's conversion rate
- Discover the holistic nature of web site optimization and why multiplicity matters
- Examine dozens of simple techniques for building traffic, engaging your audience, and crafting effective calls to action
- Combine creativity with analysis for the best possible results
About the Author
Ben Hunt is Principal Consultant for Scratchmedia Ltd. He operates webdesignfromscratch.com, which provides tutorials and advice to over 120,000 web developers each month. Ben has been designing, coding, and producing web sites for clients worldwide for more than 15 years, and is considered a leader in the web usability industry.
Forewords by Ken McCarthy, founder of the System Seminar, and Drayton Bird, Drayton Bird Associates.