I own a lot of cookbooks... but I've never had one quite like this. This is the first cookbook where I look through the recipies, and think "Hey - I should make that some time" for most of the recipies. Other cookbooks seem to be literally filled with recipies that either don't look any good, or require exotic ingredients only availble to people in major metropolitan centers.
With this cookbook, however, I flip through the pages wishing i had time to make almost all of the 900 recipies. I've made about 20 things out of this book now, and have enjoyed almost all of them a lot.
- Contains a good, detailed introduction for the novice cook, including information on herbs, cooking methods, etc.
- Contains almost 900 recipies that you can actually make and enjoy.
- Has recipies from almost every category - breads, meats, desserts, soups, etc.
- I totally disagree with the person who said the layout is lousy . I've never had trouble finding anything in this book.
- The recipies, while not being extremely low fat, *are* from cooking light, and hence are healthier in general than most other cookbooks. Plus, the recipies don't ever seem to sacrifice flavor for a *light* rating.
- You'll spend longer in the kitchen trying to make more of these
Sorry - I don't really have a good con for this book :)
If you love too cook - you'll love this book!