- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Coronal Mass Ejections Hardcover – Feb 22 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
It is well known that the Sun gravitationally controls the orbits of planets and minor bodies. Much less known, however, is the domain of plasma fields and charged particles in which the Sun governs a heliosphere out to a distance of about 15 billion kilometers.
What forces activates the Sun to maintain this power? Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) and their descendants are the troops serving the Sun during high solar activity periods.
This volume offers a comprehensive and integrated overview of our present knowledge and understanding of Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) and their descendants, Interplanetary CMEs (ICMEs). It results from a series of workshops held between 2000 and 2004. An international team of about sixty experimenters involved e.g. in the SOHO, ULYSSES, VOYAGER, PIONEER, HELIOS, WIND, IMP, and ACE missions, ground observers, and theoreticians worked jointly on interpreting the observations and developing new models for CME initiations, development, and interplanetary propagation.
The book provides researchers active in space physics with an overview of the current understanding of CMEs and ICMEs, and their effects in the heliosphere. It also provides the advanced graduate student with introductory material on this active field of research.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Astronomy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Astrophysics & Space Science
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Astrophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Astronomy & Astrophysics