Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on November 22, 2011
This textbook was one of the better ones on Corp Fin that I used for my MBA. Could also be suitable for a 4th year undergrad honors program. It is one of the better books that explains the time value of money and associated calculations. It has a good review on financial statement analysis.

It also discusses the following which I found very helpful:
Valuing various types of bonds,
Capital Budgeting
Cash Flow
Capital Structure
Dividend Policy
and a number of other interesting topics.

I highly recommend this book for MBA students (both specialists and generalists). It is in depth enough to provide excellent instruction. My only addition to it would be to add some cases that encompass the information and a practical way. I didn't use the smart finance card at all. Although not necessary, case study analysis would be very helpful with the use of this textbook.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2008
It is common for students to complain about the high cost of university books. I look at this one with the perspective of an experienced executive taking an MBA as a refresher. I found this book very well organized and richly expanded with an online site. Unless you are really interested Finance can be a dry topic. I found that Smart, Megginson and Gitman have made the material interesting by numerous relevant and authentic examples. The topics covered include all the areas important today for business leaders. While a student specializing in finance will need to add to many specific topics, this book has enough depth to help the non-financial manager have a peer to peer conversation with his/her financial colleagues. This is not a book to resell quickly at the end of a term, this is likely to be a useful referral book for several years.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse