From the Back Cover
Speak and write French as if it were your native tongue!
Tired of making the same old mistakes of switching your genders, confusing your tenses, and mixing up your idioms? Break the bad habits that leave everybody you talk to scratching their head. Correct Your French Blunders warns you of hundreds of typical errors learners make and explains the reasons behind the mistakes, so you can correct yourself in the future.
Improve your French skills with this fun and comprehensive guide and avoid all the common pitfalls, such as:
- Mispronunciation and misspelling
- Applying English grammar patterns to French
- Putting verbs in the wrong tense
- Using incorrect prepositions in expressions
- Forgetting agreements in gender and number
- Hanging out with faux amis (false cognates)
Correct Your French Blunders offers exercises covering all parts of grammar and wraps it all up with review passages to check that you are blunder-free. Soon, biting your nails will be your only bad habit!
About the Author
Véronique Mazet, Ph.D., is an adjunct professor of French at Austin Community College.