Coteau Rouge (Bilingual)
|List Price:||CDN$ 15.00|
|Price:||CDN$ 11.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 3.01 (20%)|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Une mère totémique de la famille des esturgeons est à l’origine du clan des Blanchard de Coteau Rouge sur la Rive-Sud de Montréal. Comme dans plusieurs familles l’harmonie est mise à mal: c’est grand-maman qui porte son futur petit-fils pour sa fille et son gendre. Ce dernier manigance pour acheter toutes les maisons ouvrières du quartier afin de les remplacer par des condos très chics. Du coup il est mal-aimé par les autres membres de la famille. Et rien ne peut se passer à Coteau Rouge sans la solidarité des Blanchard. Film d’ouverture et coup de coeur du public au Festival des films du monde 2011 • Sortie en salles partout au Québec; • «Une comédie pétillante! » - Journal de Montréal • « Du Forcier comme on l’aime ! » - La Presse
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"Coteau Rouge" ("Red Slope") is the name of a marginal community targeted for an upgrade by a shady real estate developer who is pressuring the residents into selling their old family homes so he can gentrify the neighborhood. But these folks don't take pressure without exploding!
Because we jump back and forth in time, it got a little confusing, but I think some of the characters are:
* Paolo Noël ("Sticky Fingers") is the grandfather who used to make his living disposing of bodies for the Mob. Now he picks up rubber bands because they are bad if they get into the drains and are consumed by the sturgeon that still lives in the river.
* Gaston Lepage ("Frisson des collines") is his son, who struggles along running a gas station and garage.
* Louise Laparé ("Frisson des collines") as his wife, right now she is serving as surrogate mother for their spoiled daughter so she won't have stretch marks!
* Céline Bonnier ("French Kiss") is that daughter. She pretends to have morning sickness and wears a prosthesis baby bump, but her husband is a wealthy developer and she's a trophy wife.
* Roy Dupuis ("Cyanure") is that developer. He's cunning and successful, but...
* Mario Saint-Armand (in his first film) is a grandson launching eco-friendly services in a nearby upscale community. He mows lawns with push mowers and dries sheets for pay on the family clothes lines so they smell good!
The men play pétanque, which is like the Italian bocce, while they discuss changes in the neighborhood and what they are going to do about them.
This is unpredictable, funny and highly entertaining...but tres French. I was glad to see it's available at Amazon.
A grandfather retires from his specialty of "corpse disposal" - literally feeding the fishes- and his son's wife is the surrogate mother for her daughter, the trophy wife of a local developer.
Believe it or not, it all works in this story about life, death, family, and love. Although some characters have some flaws, they are all nice people... You won't hate any of the major characters, although you wish some would make different decisions. This a very pleasant film to watch... really a sneaker.
One for the movie club. In French with English subtitles.