1. The DVD instructions are clear and easy to follow, I'm not one to read manuals so I was very happy about this.
2. Everything is set up for you, all measured out so you don't really have to calculate anything, except if you're using a much larger paper size.
3. It's multi-functional, you can do several things with this kit that you would otherwise have to buy equipment separately.
1. The kit design, although compact, you need to be careful when opening and closing because the tray flaps are not securely closed and the stuff inside can fall out if you don't open properly.
2. Guard that little black plastic clasp (the one that keeps the kit fastened) with your life, because if it breaks or you lose it (which is easy to do because it is not attached to the kit) you can't close the kit and keep the contents secure. You're gonna have to find a way to keep the handles closed in with something else.
3. The cutting guide is soft plastic and wobbly, so you need to press firmly and push it up against the side to keep it straight while you cut and you don't get 100% straight, neat looking cuts, which is a big disadvantage.
4. The blade doesn't give a clean cut when cutting through a thicker cardstock.
Overall, I paid quite a bit for it (it was $59 at the time) so I'm making full use of it, the box making and envelope making features are cool, but apart from that, you're better off with a guillotine.