Creating Your Own Monologue Paperback – Nov 1 1999
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
Beginning with a brief history of the one-person show, the author, himself an accomplished playwright, screenwriter, and actor, has written a comprehensive manual for anyone interested in preparing and producing their own solo performance piece. Chapters cover how to begin writing your own monolog, different types of solo material, fundamentals of a good monolog, creating characters and rehearsing, and performing and marketing your show. Included are samples of monologs and interviews with performance artists and directors, among them Quentin Crisp, Penny Arcade, Spalding Gray, Danny Hoch, and Kate Clinton. Useful appendixes cover lists of artists' colonies, theaters that accept solo material, publishers, competitions, agents, and tips on applying for grants. Well organized and clearly written, this book can be recommended for public, high school, and academic libraries.
-Howard E. Miller, Rosary H.S., St. Louis
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > Acting & Auditioning
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > Playwriting
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Play & Scriptwriting
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > Acting & Auditioning
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > Playwriting
- Books > Literature & Fiction