- Product Dimensions: 29.9 x 16.2 x 6.1 cm ; 200 g
- Shipping Weight: 440 g
- Item model number: 73VF072000000
- ASIN: B0040X3EG0
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Dec 10 2010
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #124,982 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Creative Live! Cam InPerson Webcam
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Full HD 1080p video capturing at up to 30 frames per second enabling smooth HD video capture and playback
- Wide-angled glass lens with auto focus delivers better image quality and more image in the frame
- Skype HD certified
- Live! Central 3 software allows you to create movies, add special effects, share media and collaborate online
- Other bundled features: business card scanning software, H.264 decoder, Vitamin D Security Software and Mobile Cam Streamer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.ca Product Description
Now with Live! Cam InPerson 1080, you have the flexibility to use this webcam easily on your desktop or laptop computer. Create and share videos (publicly or privately) at 1080 full HD resolution and this webcam is fully Skype HD certified. Features H.264 compression at 1080p, which means fast frame rate streaming of 30fps at HD resolution during video conferencing preventing jerky video or pausing. The precision glass wide-angle lens with auto focus means you will enjoy superb clarity and image quality when in use and even in dim lighting conditions such as hotel lobby. The built-in stereo, beam forming microphone has ultra-precise noise cancelling to help you come across clearly. The included ZiiMeet video conferencing software will allow for free PC-to-PC HD video calls. Other specifications include: 2MP sensor, 30fps HD (1080p) with HW encofing video image capture, picture resolution up to 12 MP with software enhancements, AF lens focus, dual beam forming microphone, parental controls, video and audio fx, Live! Scan, Mobile Streaming and connects via Hi-Speed USB 2.0.
From the Manufacturer
Live! Cam inPerson HD delivers Skype Certified wide-screen HD 720p Video Conferencing with onboard H.264 processing that reduces the demands on your system, delivering smooth glitch-free video while Auto focus keeps you clearly in the picture. Enjoy headset-free video chat, thanks to four built-in microphones that focus in on the voice and eliminate ambient room noise for exceptional clarity. Snap photos up to 12.0MP with software enhancement and record blogs or videos in 1080p. Live! Central 3 software includes video and audio effects, avatars, desktop sharing features, movie creation, as well as surveillance applications.
The Easier Way to Enjoy HD Skype Video Chats
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy Skype online chats, look no further than the Creative Live! Cam inPerson HD. Simply plug it in and play, with no software installation required. You can also download the free Live! Central 3 Lite software to capture, record, edit and share Full HD 1080p quality video with smaller file sizes via built-in H.264 compression. Then share them on YouTube and Facebook with just one easy click. Videos are captured at a smooth rate of 30 frames per second, and coupled with four built-in noise-canceling microphones, you are always assured of high-quality video playback and clear voice chats.
Sharp, Smooth HD Video Chats
Enjoy sharp 720p HD-quality video captures and smooth playback of up to 30 frames per second. The inPerson HD features onboard H.264 processing, reducing the load on your computer's processor and resulting in faster, glitch-free video.
Four Built-In Noise-Canceling Microphones
You won't need to compete with background noise in order to be heard with four integrated built-in noise-canceling microphones. Enjoy only clear, crisp audio--even without the use of a dedicated headset.
Record 1080p Video
Record video blogs and more with the Live! Cam inPerson HD's ability to capture, record, and edit full HD 1080p-quality video. Share your thoughts with the world by uploading to YouTube and Facebook with a single click.
Just Plug and Chat--It's a Snap
Enjoy all the convenience of plug and chat, and none of the tedious hassle of installing drivers. Simply connect the webcam to your computer and video chat instantly with Skype, Windows Live! Messenger or your favorite IM application.
HD chats are even simpler when you add touchscreen control. Video and photo sharing with the Live! Cam inPerson HD is fast and easy thanks to Live! Central 3 Lite's touchscreen interface (for touchscreen-enabled Windows 7 PCs) that lets you quickly find the file you want. Also, with password-protected parental control, there's no worrying about unauthorized use by your child or anyone else.
One-Click Upload to Facebook, YouTube and Photobucket
A click is all you need to share your favorite HD videos and 12.0MP snapshots with the world. Post them up on Facebook and YouTube easily using the one-click uploading feature from the free and user-friendly Live! Central 3 Lite software. Grab video with the Cam inPerson HD and show the world quickly and easily.
Compatibility and System Requirements
The Live! Cam inPerson HD is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP (Professional x64 Edition and XP with Service Pack 2); Mac OS X 10.5 or higher; and Linux Kernel 2.6. Use of Creative Live! Central 3 software suite requires Windows.
Other system requirements include an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU or better, 2 GB of RAM, a USB 2.0 port, and at least 1Mbps symmetrical (upload and download) bandwidth.
The Live! Cam inPerson HD Webcam is backed by a one-year manufacturer's warranty.
What's in the Box
Creative Labs Live! Cam inPerson HD Webcam, installation CD, multi-language quick start guide, 1-year limited warranty.
Which Creative Labs Live! Cam is Best For You?
|Live! Cam Sync||Live! Cam Socialize||Live! Cam Chat HD||Live! Cam Connect HD||Live! Cam Socialize HD 1080||Live! Cam inPerson HD|
(640 x 480)
(640 x 480)
(1280 x 720)
(1280 x 720)
|2MP||HD 1080p |
(1920 x 1080)
|Still Image Capture||1.3MP||1.3MP||5.7MP||8 MP||12MP||12MP|
|Video Image Capture||800 x 600 @ 30fps||800 x 600 @ 30fps||30fps HD (720p)||30fps HD (720p)||30fps HD (1080p)||30fps HD (1080p)|
|Microphone||Bundled headset||Noise-cancellation||Noise-cancellation||Noise-cancellation||Dual Beam-forming||Quad Microphones with |
|Audio and Video Effects|
|USB||Hi-Speed 2.0||Hi-Speed 2.0||Hi-Speed 2.0||Hi-Speed 2.0||Hi-Speed 2.0||Hi-Speed 2.0|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The GOOD --
* The 4 noise-cancelling microphones (and integrated hardware and software to do this) perform admirably. I have NO complaints on sound quality.
* The bundled "Live! Central 3" software performs well, gives one a good preview of what one is going to see, or what the other person will see on Skype, offers a fair number of useful "tweaks" to the image and sound, and it has performed without any negative incidents on my computer (see bottom of review for my computer specs).
* The mount design is fairly stable and sits nicely and steadily on either my 23" or 19" monitor. Good configurability in the design.
* Seems to work seamlessly with Skype, though at a sub-par quality level for the optics (see below).
The BAD --
* This is a TERRIBLY noisy, grainy camera. Knowing a bit about optics (I'm a DSLR enthusiast with thousands of dollars of gear and about 3 years experience with two Nikon prosumer camera bodies and many pro-level lenses, I know and use Adobe Lightroom, DxO, and Photomatix, the latter for HDR work of course), I figured the problem was low-light noise on such a small camera since my current office for my business is in my basement -- I have two 75W lights just over my head, and I thought that might be too little illumination for that camera. So, I brought in a 300W halogen torchiere to place next to my desk, and, if anything, the noise is far worse. The optical noise is frankly nasty and completely unacceptable.
* Autofocus of poor quality as well. It never seems quite IN focus, so I switched over to manual focus, using the slider in the bundled software, and I can't EVER get the image in focus. And, no, I don't have "soft focus" turned on. The optics just seem to be of VERY low quality.
* Zoom -- this feature is nice, though it does hunt around a bit to center on one's face, but the problem is that even though it's 1080P HD, the camera can't zoom out enough to take advantage of that resolution. So, it's almost impossible to have the camera center on my face unless I place the camera way off-center on the monitor, and that's just silly because my face is a full 24-26 inches back from the camera. In optical terms, there's just an unacceptably narrow Field of View. I don't see how this camera could be of much use for home surveillance while away or for any videographic purpose.
* My testing even started out badly when I Plug-n-Prayed the camera, as instructed -- doing so disabled my keyboard drivers and made the keyboard inoperable. Upon restart, my computer straightened that out, but it wasn't an auspicious beginning.
* Even on optimal quality (largest file size), the hardware and software compression render a completely useless (to me at least) image/video stream that's best described as "smudgy."
My conclusion is that this camera is very poorly designed, with the exception of the audio quality, and I think there are MUCH better choices out there for much less money.
My system -- Dell XPS8300 with Intel CORE i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Turbo), 12GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, ATI Radeon HD 5700, THX TruStudio Certified Sound Card, ViewSonic VX1940w 19" Wide 2ms High-Res 1680x1050 LCD Monitor - DVI, and ViewSonic VP2365WB 23-Inch IPS LCD Monitor.
The current price of the Creative Live! Cam InPerson HD Webcam has dropped from $140, to $79.99. This price point is much more acceptable, but it still does not diminish the cam's mediocre performance.
The included Live! Central 3 software is pretty expansive. There are a lot of options for adjusting the video lighting and coloring, as well as panning and zooming. There are also some great noise cancellation and audio focusing options that improve the audio quality even further, depending on your situation and environment. The software also includes lots of fun video affects for the kids, like putting yourself in dopey scenes, or putting glasses and hats on you that automatically track your face. You can also have an "avatar" that tracks your mouth movement and applies it to different characters, like an alien and a cat. Yaay.
There is a streaming video piece to the software that allows you to stream to a mobile device. However, it is developed by a third-party, and anything past their simple free version costs $50-ish (Android price). I couldn't even get it to work because the streamer side that is installed on your computer has a problem, at least when I try it. I go to add my camera, select a name for the camera, and enter a password. The next step is SUPPOSED TO allow you to associate it with your account, but it never shows the field that allows you to enter your account. So I could not even try the mobile streaming because of this. Which is fine, since I find the third-party free version of their software a little questionable when it comes to privacy, security, and encrypted data.
OK video, great audio, useful and fun software (except for the streaming). A bit high on price. Average score.