|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure on the Internet provides a thorough overview of the subject. It explains how susceptible networks are to hacking and how cryptography can help. This comprehensive and practical guide covers:
* Public Key Infrastructures (PKIs); important when using cryptography in a large organisation,
* the difference between the SSL protocol and the IPSec standard,
* integration of cryptography into the different OSI-layers, and how to decide whether hardware or software solutions are the right means to achieve this.
The book also includes sections on::
* elliptic curve cryptography
* chip cards
* algorithm modes and protocols - including SSL, TLS, IPSec, SMIME and PGP protocols
* cryptography's connection with biometry (using biological characteristics for authentication purposes).
Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure on the Internet is an indispensable guide for all levels of reader. It contains valuable reference material about statutes and standards affecting encryption, which companies are active in the market, and a reference guide to people, organisations, books and websites to go to for further information.