- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
New Media, Cultural Studies, and Critical Theory after Postmodernism: Automodernity from Zizek to Laclau Hardcover – Dec 8 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Earnest, relentless, and frequently compelling, Samuels offers a sobering analysis of some of the ways that cultural studies, new media, and the university itself have failed our hopes for democracy. You won't agree with everything in this book, but you'll pop onto his blog to argue with him about it." - Marc Bousquet, Author of How The University Works: Higher Education and the Low-Wage Nation
About the Author
Robert Samuels is President of the University of California, American Federation of Teachers faculty union, and a Lecturer in the Writing Programs at UCLA. He is the author of several books including Integrating Hypertextual Subject: Computers, Composition, and Academic Labor and Teaching the Rhetoric of Resistance.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Educational Psychology
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > Philosophy & Social Aspects
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Rhetoric
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory > Semiotics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Educational Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Literary Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology