- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Cultures of Inquiry: From Epistemology to Discourse in Sociohistorical Research Paperback – Jun 28 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...an illuminating and useful review." American Journal of Sociology
"...valuable exploration of modes of sociohistorical research or inquiry... Halls' presentation is rigorous and thorough." Stephen M. Feldman, Contemporary Sociology
Cultures of Inquiry provides a unique overview of research methodologies in social science, historical and cultural studies. John R. Hall describes eight interconnected methodologies that transcend present-day disciplinary and interdisciplinary boundaries. In this way, he is able to move beyond the objectivism/relativism debate in the philosophy and sociology of knowledge by showing how alternative research practices are formed. As a book that connects concrete methodological issues of research to contemporary philosophical and postmodern debates about knowledge, Cultures of Inquiry has no equal.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Epistemology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Methodology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Research
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Epistemology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology