I bought 'Curb' 2 years ago for $7 when i was into more mainstream music like Blink 182, Green Day, ect. When I started playing guitar, my tastes took a shift and i listen to heavier/'better' music. Today i decided to listen to some of my older cds (greenday, offspring, ect) and decided to listen to nickelback's curb..
The album has a more natural, less produced sound, and has more passion, the things todays music doesnt have. Its almost like the opposite of Nickelback today. Its surprisingly good and underrated.. Chad's vocals, the bass, guitar, everything in general is actually fairly good, it makes newer nickelback pale in comparison.
1. Little Friend- Good heavy opener, 10/10
2. Pusher - Fairly unique, heavy, even with the acoustic verses 9/10
3. Detangler - wow.. the lyrics are amazing, and have great emotion an sincerity, it really draws you in 10/10
4. Curb - The title track, starts out quieter, turns into one of Nickelbacks heaviest songs ever.. great emotion, good use of dynamics with instruments and chads screaming vocals 10/10
5. Where? - pretty catchy, good meaning behind it, some good guitar work near the bridge 8/10
6. Falls Back On - Another fast/heavy song, 8/10
7. Sea Groove - very intense, hard to desribe, but great 10/10
8. Fly - the single from this album.. not much to say about it.. i used to like it more 8/10
9. Just For - A newer version of this can be found on silver side up. This version is better in my opinion.. more natural and angry 9/10
10. Left - slightly mediocore 7/10
11. Window Shopper - catchy guitar riffs and some unique vocals/lyrics
12. I Dont have - A great finishing track 10/10
Even though it starts stronger than it finishes, curb is a great hard rock album with a natural sound, and isnt what youd expect from the Nickelback you know,and is anything but mainsteam. it should be found relatively cheap, too. if you can pick it up easily, i recommend you do