This is easily Michael's best work yet. People hype up Thriller, which wasn't bad, but it was NO Dangerous! Dangerous is his best music for a few reasons:
1) The beats and rhythms are top notch
2) The songs require more thought and aren't the cliched "i need you girl" music.
3) It's danceable
Unfortunately, the public didn't see this, and Dangerous has sold 22.1% of Thriller's sales. I hate to be technical, but it's a sad fact when 77.9% of his fans can't see his best music ever.
This album should have sold 100,000,000 it's first WEEK, and 1,000,000,000 overall worldwide. It's THAT good, at least in my opinion. It certainly makes my top 5.
Notable Songs: Jam, In The Closet, Remember The Time, Black Or White, Will You Be There.
Will You Be There, is, I think, his best song ever. I'd get the CD on the force of that track alone. But they're all good.
Dangerous is an amazing work with its own unique sound. Although there are a few songs that would only be defined as "filler", most of the tracks are masterpieces.
1) Jam- This is one of the great songs on the album, a rhythmic and uptempo tune, a great beginning to a great album. 9/10 stars.
2) Why You Wanna Trip On Me- One of my personal favorites, at least the first sixty times. It has an excellent intro and harsh whispered lyrics... and then there's the chorus, an almost-yelled melody that makes you go "He has a point." 7/10 stars.
3) In the Closet- This one is incredible, although a little disturbing to some, maybe. It's a little more sensual than his usual style, but he definetely pulls it off. 7.5/10 stars.
4) She Drives Me Wild- To me, a twin of In the Closet. Same type of theme, same type of sound- not nearly as good as its brother, but not horrible either. 6/10 stars.
5) Remember the Time- A fantasic sounding melody with a hint of Egyptian flare. This is a definite hit for this album, it will have even the staunchest nonbelievers on the floor dancing. 8/10 stars.
6) Can't Let Her Get Away- Sadly, although it has a catchy bridge, this one always seems to be forgotten amidst all the hits. 6/10 stars.
7) Heal the World- A sharp change of background, with a more ballady feel. This song is beautiful, with a message that needs to be heard today. 8/10 stars.
8) Black or White- One of the songs that will never die. With an amazing melody and a deep meaning, this song is what Michael Jackson is all about. 10/10 stars.
9) Who Is It- Another of my personal favorites, but maybe it's because the video is so amazing. This song has an excellent underlying bass tune that makes the song come alive. A fantastic work. 9/10 stars.
10) Give In To Me- Has a more rockish feel to it- I love the intro and the guitar melody, this is basically an awesome song. 9/10 stars.
11) Will You Be There- An entirely beautiful masterpiece. What makes it as great as it is, of course, is the spoken verse at the end. 10/10 stars.
12) Keep the Faith- Possibly my favorite MJ song, I love the verses and the chorus and the bridge and of course the closing, with the choir in the background. This is a fantastic song. 10/10 stars.
13) Gone Too Soon- A beautifully sad goodbye to a young teenager, Ryan White, who died of AIDS around this time. The song isn't quite as catchy as others, had has a gorgeous melody. 7/10 stars.
14) Dangerous- One of the greatest songs on here, it has awesome spoken verses and a chorus that will have you singing all day. A spectacular close to a spectacular album. 9/10 stars.
And that's Dangerous. It is truly one of Michael Jackson's greatest works, the one that makes you see that Michael will live forever.