DJ Hero - PlayStation 2 Standard Edition
- DJ Hero features an amazing variety of music across genres - tracks that you love and reflect who you are. Using an authentic turntable controller, you will spin and scratch more than 100 songs into unique mixes and become the life of the party.
- Music and Gaming Via a Revolutionary Controller Like the music that inspired it, DJ Hero allows players to experience music in a new revolutionary way through through its game-specific controlle
- The turntable half of the controller features three color-coated buttons used to direct action during gameplay and a realistically rotating turntable.
- The opposite end of the controller contains the mixer controls in the form of a lateral fader allowing for switching between tracks and mixing, a knob for additional effects and a button for capturing "euphoria," a star power-like point bonus.
- In addition, the mixer portion of the controller detaches to accommodate left-handed players and contains an out of the way compartment holding a D-pad and conventional controller buttons for easy console navigation.
- Platform: PlayStation2
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
The makers of Guitar Hero introduce an entirely fresh and innovative way to experience music and rhythm gameplay.. Get ready for a whole new phenomena in music.. Included with the DJ Hero software, the DJ Hero controller is a combination turntable and mixer that immerses you into authentic DJ culture allowing you to scratch, cross-fade, and beat match. Taken together, both halves of the controller allow players to customize their mix with a variety of effects and samples transforming a face in the crowd into the life of the party. Gameplay - Gameplay in DJ Hero is reminiscent to games in the Guitar Hero series. Musical prompts stream towards players on one of three color-coded ribbons; red and blue which correspond to the two tracks that the player is able to simultaneously or individually manipulate, as well as a red one between these two, used to insert samples. In addition to hitting individual notes and samples, players are also challenged to scratch on command by pressing the appropriate button for the track and sliding the turntable up or down as indicated on the ribbon. The game also provides players with a chance to turn back the clock on earlier action via its "Rewind" feature. This ability is monitored via the rewind meter that levels higher with successful play, and and when full allows the player to rewind the song to fix errors in their earlier performance. The reward for precision is the build up of points, which can be temporarily doubled via euphoria power with the push of a button on the mixer end of the controller. Rule the Hottest Parties - In the tradition of Guitar Hero, which brought gamers into the world of rock ‘n’ roll, DJ Hero places players in the DJ booth at some of the hottest clubbing scenes from around the globe. Party in venues reminiscent of real world locales from around the globe including an ultra plush and sexy Hollywood Hills style mansion, to an open air beach club in Ibiza.