- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
DVD Studio Pro 3 for Mac OS X: Visual QuickPro Guide Paperback – Nov 5 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
If you thought you were producing fairly sophisticated DVDs before, wait 'till you see what you can do with Apple's just-released DVD Studio Pro 3! With its stunning QuickTime-based movie transitions (Alpha Transitions) and a brand-new Graphic View that lets you interact with your project in a storyboard environment, DVD Studio Pro 3 promises to bring a whole new level of sophistication to your DVD projects. This task-based guide ensures that you start taking advantage of it immediately! In these pages, you¿ll discover how to build on your existing DVD authoring skills to master version 3's many powerful new features--including more than 30 additional transition styles, superb HD-to-MPEG-2 encoding, and more. Veteran author Martin Sitter breaks down each DVD Studio Pro task--from setting chapter markers to adding subtitles and creating scripts--into concise step-by-step instructions accompanied by informative screen shots. By the end of the volume, you'll be juggling multiple audio tracks, creating custom transitions, creating smart buttons, and more in the quest of DVD perfection!
About the Author
Martin Sitter is a veteran audio producer, multimedia artist, and author specializing in track-based video and audio applications. Martin is the author of LiveStage Professional 3 for Macintosh and Windows: Visual QuickStart Guide, DVD Studio Pro 2 for Macintosh: Visual QuickPro Guide, and Apple Pro Training Series: Logic 6. When not writing or producing DVD-Video, Martin teaches DVD Studio Pro and Logic Platinum as an Apple Certified Trainer.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
You have opened up a new world for me and I am grateful!
- Lisa Bevis, Los Angeles, CA
Apple mixed all this technology together with the golden third release at only $499. All of a sudden professional quality DVD authoring was available to virtually anyone.
This book starts with a discussion on what hardware you need to work with DVD Studio Pro 3. DVD files are huge, often measured in gigabytes. You'll need processing power, memory, and disk space. Starting from this simple view, it continues in a step by step basis through every aspect of producing a DVD. The writing style is clear and concise, with just the right amount of theory mixed in with practical instruction. Considered an intermediate level book, this is not exactly a beginners 'this is how you turn it on' book.
You'll note that this is also a very reasonably priced book.
much changed between 3 and 4, except adding HD authoring). If your a self taught person
like me, who likes to learn, or just wants to be able to author a DVD in an hour without
getting technically lost in Apple's Manual for the program, GET THIS BOOK!!!!
Thanks, Martin! :-)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio > Audio & Video Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > DVD Studio
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems > MacOS
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems