Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

Julia has always deeply loved her merchant father. Though he rarely spends time with his family and is often traveling for business, she is a devoted daughter and the apple of her father's eye. She can't understand why the citizens of Damascus shun her and her mother and when the truth is revealed Julia struggles with bitterness even as she is drawn towards a new and radical faith.

Meanwhile, Abigail (book 2) flees from Jerusalem as persecution increases in intensity while her younger brother Jacob finds himself drawn into a mysterious and dangerous web of intrigue on two disparate fronts. How is God going to connect these believers together in their journeys to serve Him, and what monumental events will they witness along the road to Damascus?

The Damascus Way is the closing installment in the Acts of Faith series ' a collaboration between well-known authors Davis Bunn and Janette Oke. Both a rich and satisfying conclusion to this series of biblical fiction, this novel takes readers alongside the lives of first-century Christians who are witnesses of some of the watershed events of the churches early years.

The only 'off note' that I found was some odd references to a burning in the breast of some of the characters. Having come from a Mormon background I felt a bit odd reading this and I'm not sure why it was included. I don't know if either of the authors are LDS, and maybe I'm being oversensitive, but it did strike me as odd and unnecessary.

Like the other books in the series, characters that readers have become acquainted with in past books resurface in this one to play minor supporting roles in the story's weave. However, it is still possible to read this work as a stand-alone novel. I found for myself that being familiar with the faith stories of Abigail and Alban (from the second and first books respectively) added to the depth and richness of this novel.

It is here that I glimpsed the fullness of the vision that Bunn and Oke have created with this series. Though it moves more slowly than much of the fiction that I read I could more clearly see the webs of community, the closely woven bonds of companionship and love amongst the believers depicted in the pages of these books. That full, rich, emotive writing is truly delightful and makes this book well worth the read.
on May 2, 2015
Excellent series. I found this very heart warming and thought provoking. I have enjoyed the feeling of peace and joy while reading this novel series.
on October 13, 2015
Very well written. The characters are well developed and the story is well written. I couldn't put it down!
on August 25, 2015