Two-Time "Dancing With The Stars" Champion Julianne Hough Is Ready To Share Her Best-Kept Secrets And Techniques For Getting A Lean, Toned Dancer'S Physique! Known For Her Standout Choreography, Contagious Enthusiasm, And Ability To Teach Anyone To Dance, Julianne Will Motivate You To Dance The Cha Cha, Jive And Paso Doble With Her In This Fun And Effective Workout-No Partner Needed! These Fat Burning Moves Are Carefully Choreographed To Keep Your Heart Rate Up And Help You Dance Your Way Into Fabulous Shape. "Dance Is The Best Way To Exercise." Julianne Says. "You'Ll Have So Much Fun, You Won'T Even Realize You'Re Getting A Great Full-Body Workout."Bonus:One-On-One Personal Dance Lesson With Julianne! This Is Your Chance To Learn From The Best! In This Bonus Feature Julianne Will Break Down Key Steps At A Slower Pace And Refine Those Little Details That Will Make Your Dance "Ballroom Beautiful!" Take This Personal Dance Lesson Before Your First Workout To Make Your Dance Flow Smoother. Or Do It Any Time You Want Some Extra Fine-Tuning For Your Steps.Selected As Shape Magazine'S Dvd Of The Month For December 2009.
While I think Julianne is an adorable and very incredible dancer, I find she is not the best teacher. You definitely need to watch the tips at the beginning before going into the routines, but I found that even those went by too quickly. I had to constantly rewind the instructions in order to accustom myself to the steps. Maybe I'm not a quick learner, but she needs to emphasize more slowly the exact steps. It also doesn't help that the camera pans to her upper body half the time so I can't see the footwork! She shows you a couple times and just expects you to get it. I can see maybe this DVD being really fun if you can pick up on the moves, but it will probably take you quite a while to master them unless you're a dancer! I think I'll stick to a more basic dance/cardio workout!
The "Dance Julianne" is wonderful,I just wish,I would be a little younger,so I could do ALL those fantastic moves,but I try,so I'm happy,that I ordert it and it was here in no Time,I'm not a big Amazon Shopper,but what ever I ordert,I love. E.B.
great product for a great price and really fast shipping ! couldn't be happier ! this dvd is lots of fun and a great workout ! and amazon prices make it so affordable tog et in shape in the privacy of my own home !
I preordered the DVD and it arrived yesterday and I tried it for the first time. It is adivsable to take the private lesson with Juilanne first as she goes over 5 steps that will be used in 1 of the 3 routines. She is really good at going over the steps and repeating them. Then when you do the actual work out she is good at going slow and repeating but as it was my first time as soon as she started going faster it was hard to get it perfect, I kept up with the very fast pace of the dvd but my routines were not perfect. I am sure after a couple more times I will be able to not misstep. I went over each routine on my own after when it was fresh in my head and was fine. I definately recommend this DVD I was sweating like crazy at the end and SORE this morning!! I hope she comes out with more of these DVDs.
I was looking on a DVD that would teach me great dance steps in order to workout. I am a big Jillian Michaels fan because she knows how to teach a viewer to do the moves. The producer of Jillian Michaels DVD are also more focused on Jillian's workout steps than into a big view of her face which is kind of important when you want to create a workout DVD.
I bought this Julianne's DVD after reading some reviews and thought that it would be what I am looking for.
However here is what I dislike about her DVD :
- Julianne Hough is NOT a teacher. Even her private lesson that is advisable to take before doing the workout, I was not able to do it. I KNOW that I have a DVD rewind button which was used MANY MANY times. Too many if you ask me. I am not a dancer but I can move and I am pretty much in shape and a very quick learner in everything else, any other dvds if you ask me. But it was impossible for me to follow her. She mixes all moves together without explaining each things she does which is kind of important... you know ????
- DVD producer films Julianne Hough upper body most of the time. It is very annoying. Julianne Hough is a very pretty girl. If I wanted, however, to buy a DVD to watch pretty girls I would of done so... !! We need to see the FEET (which Julianne purposely covers by the way so this is one more thing that is very annoying). We can't see how she moves her legs, how she does the moves and her feet are covered... Not wise Julianne...
- It is WAY too fast ! Everything goes way too fast. I don't catch on the first move and she is already gone to the 6th or 10th move... Incredible... I can't be that slow. It is her who is going too fast.
- Music is way too low to be entertaining.
- 3 hard dances that are not on the MENU of the DVD. I don't know about the rest of you here but these dances are so hard to learn, I would of liked them to be in seperate lessons.
OVERALL : Very disappointed. I am unable to learn anything from that DVD, unable to do workouts (pushing rewind buttons all the time will NOT make me sweat). Do not like how the DVD is organized or filmed. Sorry :(Read more ›
So I got this DVD to work off the last 20 lbs I've kept on from my past 2 pregnancies but I'm too overweight to jump that fast, which is kind of ironic because I got this to lose weight but I feel I'm too overweight to do it. I have no dance background and yes it's hard to get and no she does not explain things well but I did have fun and overall I did like it. I have always done more traditional workouts (Cindy Crawford's The Next Challenge is a staple) so I wanted to try something new. I don't see me reaching for this as much as I would some of my other DVDs because I feel like this would be a harder routine to grow with because it's not just about keeping up, you have to get the moves down first (and when you have to be that technical, it loses the fun a bit). Having said that I have always loved Julianne on DWTS and my affection for her continued while watching this. She is so upbeat and genuine and there isn't a lot going on in the background so you're focused on what's going on. I still think this DVD is worth a try.
Sexy hot! Julianne keeps your eyes glued to the screen! She clearly explains and shows you each move; then it's up to you to learn it quickly and go. The pace if fast, but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast!