Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Won't Back Down - Fuel|
|2. For You - The Calling|
|3. Bleed For Me - Saliva|
|4. Hang On - Seether|
|5. Learn the Hard Way - Nickelback|
|6. The Man Without Fear - Drowning Pool feat. Rob Zombie|
|7. Right Now - Nappy Roots feat. Marcos Curiel of P.O.D.|
|8. Evening Rain - Moby|
|9. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence|
|10. Until You're Reformed - Chevelle|
|11. Right Before Your Eyes - Hoobastank|
|12. Fade Out/In - Palo Alto|
|13. Caught In The Rain - Revis|
|14. High Wire Escape Artist - BOYSETSFIRE|
|15. Raise Your Rifles - Autopilot Off|
|16. Daredevil Theme (Blind Justice Remix) - Graeme Revell and Mike Einziger|
|17. My Immortal - Evanescence|
|18. Sad Exchange - finger eleven|
|19. Simple Lies - Endo|
|20. Let Go - 12 Stones|
Daredevil ~ Daredevil: The Album
One wonders what Daredevil the superhero might make of Daredevil: The Album. Given his heightened sense of hearing, the costumed one would probably grab the volume control, since tinnitus-inducing modern rock is the primary fare here. Despite strong new fare from Fuel, Saliva, and Nickelback, the pairing of Drowning Pool with another cartoon character, Rob Zombie, is the clear winner on personality alone. Two cuts from newcomers Evanescence, including the song showcased in the film's trailer ("Bring Me to Life"), also stand out thanks to the dramatic vocals of Amy Lee, who should find favor with Tori Amos fans. Respites from the hard rock action round out the disc: a collaboration between Nappy Roots and P.O.D. guitarist Marcus Curiel is a rap-rock outing that actually satisfies on both levels, Autopilot Off chime in with some peppy emo, and the title theme gets a Chemical Brothers-style big beat overhaul. --Kurt B. Reighley
Top Customer Reviews
1)Fuel-Wont Back Down. 5 Stars, a very solid outing, good lyrics and strong vocals. Great way to start, and really fits with the movie.
2)The Calling-For You. 3 Stars, a decent song. Not so sure it truly belonged here but the singing is pretty strong and its listenable.
3)Saliva-Bleed For Me. 5 Stars, one of Saliva's best songs, I really like the lyrics, and the guitar work is pretty solid, and helps drive the emotion of the song.
4)Seether-Hang On. 5 Stars, a great outing from Seether, possibly my favorite song by them. Everything here is solid.
5)Nickelback-Learn the Hard Way. 3 Stars, Its a pretty cool song, although not so great by Nickelback standards. Youve heard Nickelback, you know all about them, this song is just decent.
6)Drowning Pool ft. Rob Zombie-The Man Without Fear. 5 Stars, Im not too big on Rob Zombie but this is a very cool song, the heaviest on the album by far.
7)Nappy Roots feat. Marcos Curiel of P.O.D.-Right Now. 1.5 Stars..yeah...this is rap on a rock soundtrack..enough said. Nothing too good here...
8)Moby-Evening Rain. 0 Stars..Come on guys, its Moby. Mobys bad enough anyways but to put him on a hard rock soundtrack...just miserable. Sorry.
9)Evanescence-Bring Me To Life. 5 Stars, Youve heard this song a billion times, no need for explanation.
10)Chevelle-Until Youre Reformed. 3.5 Stars, Its a pretty good song, by Chevelle standards it could be better, but a breath of fresh air after Moby.
11)Hoobastank-Right Before Your Eyes. 3.5 Stars, Im not too much of a Hoobastank fan, but this one suprised me.
12)Palo Alto-Fade Out/In.Read more ›
First off I must say your comments about people who listen to this soundtrack do not read. I enjoy reading a lot. You'd be surprised at how many people have this cd and read. Also, think about it. This soundtrack is for a movie that is adapted from a comic BOOK. Yup, a COMIC BOOK. Yes, comic books are considered pieces of literature. C' mon, think about these things before you act like the class nerd who squeals on everyone (That is what was brought to mind when I read your review.)
And now to my review.
1. Won't Back Down-Fuel: A great opener for the soundtrack. Check out their (fairly) new cd NATURAL SELECTION. It is good. 9/10
2. For You-The Calling: A pretty good song with some orchestra integrated into it. 8/10
3. Bleed For Me-Saliva: Saliva RULES. This track seems softer than other tracks by Saliva, but that isn't a bad thing. Lead Josey Scott is also on another comic book movie soundtrack, SPIDER-MAN in the song HERO. Good guitar on this one. 9/10
4. Hang On-Seether: A good track, but not as good as some yet to come. 7.9/10
5. Learn The Hard Way-Nickelback: While not their best song, This one is nice and hard with good work by Lead Chad Kroger. 8/10
6. The Man Without Fear-Drowning Pool Feat. Rob Zombie: Probably the catchiest track on here with a chorus that won't get out of your head (of course that could be a bad thing if you don't like repitition)for a while. Drowning Pool is good as usual and Zombie is awesome. D.P. is also on the trailer for DAREDEVIL with their song LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR. 9.5/10
7.Right Now-Nappy Roots Feat. Marcos Curiel of P.O.D.Read more ›
1. Use as a flying disc - Not quite as aerodynamic as a frisbee, yet looks much cooler!
2. Insert in microwave - You'll get more entertainment watching it spark than all the time you spend listening to this combined
3. Bookmark - Actually... i'm sure none of you read...
4. Deadly Weapon - While i'd never promote violence, at this point you're desperate for entertainment. Try this one out on your friends before your family members though, just in case it really is deadly.
Most recent customer reviews
This album is truly like a long nu-metal sampler, and, frankly, has exposed me to some bands I had never previously heard of, but now are in heavy rotation in the old CD player... Read morePublished on May 26 2004 by The Mandrew
No matter how awful the movie "Daredevil" is, its soundtrack is definitely a nice CD. It consists of a lot of great songs perfromed by many popular bands now, such as The... Read morePublished on April 5 2004 by Debby
First things first, May Day...you are attacking people for being stupid for reading a review for a soundtrack and also for listening to and/or purchasing soundtracks. Read morePublished on March 14 2004 by sargeant_pepper (Minnesota)
Quick one for all of you.. The song in the pub, when Bulls Eye is throwing darts. What is it??Published on Feb. 26 2004
Please for the love of God, shut up. I grow weary of your incessant whining and bitching. Go home, you pansies. BoySetsFire sucks. This cd rocks, Okie Tokie?Published on Feb. 22 2004
This is one of th ebest soundtracks ever. It really has a lot of power to it. 10 out of 10.Published on Feb. 12 2004
this cd really sucks, i havnt even heard it. but theres a good reason for that, and i think you all know why. my first problem with this cd is; its a soundtrack... Read morePublished on Oct. 23 2003 by May Day
Daredevil was an awesome movie and has the soundtrack to go with it. Not only being a kick butt soundtrack it can also be claimed as the laucnching pad of one of the most popular... Read morePublished on Oct. 13 2003 by Matthew Edmundson