|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Jack Olson's contribution represents the superb blend of theory and guidance from a
master practitioner." - Peter Aiken
"I've been waiting for this book for more than 10 years....Jack Olson's contribution represents the superb blend of theory and guidance from a master practitioner and should be useful to those just starting in this exciting field as well as experienced practitioners."
- Peter Aiken, Ph.D., Institute for Data Research, Virginia Commonwealth University
Data Quality: The Accuracy Dimension is about assessing the quality of corporate data and improving its accuracy using the data profiling method. Corporate data is increasingly important as companies continue to find new ways to use it. Likewise, improving the accuracy of data in information systems is fast becoming a major goal as companies realize how much it affects their bottom line. Data profiling is a new technology that supports and enhances the accuracy of databases throughout major IT shops. Jack Olson explains data profiling and shows how it fits into the larger picture of data quality.
* Provides an accessible, enjoyable introduction to the subject of data accuracy, peppered with real-world anecdotes.
* Provides a framework for data profiling with a discussion of analytical tools appropriate for assessing data accuracy.
* Is written by one of the original developers of data profiling technology.
* Is a must-read for any data management staff, IT management staff, and CIOs of companies with data assets.