Do you find it challenging and frustrating to deal with the parent who is
What's the best way to deliver bad news to parents?
Written for teachers, administrators, and other educators, this book will help you work with the most difficult parents in the most challenging situations. It shows you how to:
- avoid the "trigger" words which serve only to make bad situations worse
- use the right words and phrases to develop more positive relationships with parents
- deal with parents who accuse you of not being "fair"
- build positive relationships with even the most challenging parents
With vivid examples, this book will show you how to:
- handle a parent's complaint when the parent is right
- use body language to influence the way parents react to what you say
- make it easy to contact parents during the day to inform them when their children have done something worthy of praise (achieved a high grade, helped another student, etc.)
- increase parent involvement in their children's education both at school and at home
Dr. Todd Whitaker, a former middle and high school principal is currently Assoc. Prof. of Educ. Leadership at Indiana State University. He is the author of several best selling books. He has keynoted state, national, and international conferences and is a highly sought presenter for teachers and principals. Dr. Douglas J. Fiore, a former teacher & principal, is currently on the faculty of the State University of West Georgia.