After reading the many reviews on toddler beds, my husband and I went to Rip off R'US to purchase this product (because we had a gift card, otherwise I wouldn't shop there. Their prices are high and their free shipping isn't free, but I digress).
Most of the reviews of this product are spot on. The product is:
1. Hard to assemble. I was tempted to call my friends husband --who is a mechanic-- to help us put it together.
2. It is poor quality. A Coleman cot has a better, more durable frame.
3. The plastic headboard and foot board are cheaply made.
4. We had a hard time getting the crib bed into the frame.
5. It is overpriced for the quality. $39.99 would have been a fairer price.
However, my daughter was so excited to have a Dora bed. She ran over to it, said "I love it," hugged her Daddy and said I love you. She's also been showing to everyone who is coming over for SuperBowl, showing it to them and saying "Tada."
If you are going to buy this bed --because your child is ready for a bed, it is Dora and they will love it -- then just beware it is hard to put together and not very well made.
Also, buy it from Amazon. It is the best price with free shipping.
If we had more money, I would've bought a Little Tikes or KidKraft bed. They are much better quality and Made in the USA.