- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Designing the Obvious: A Common Sense Approach to Web & Mobile Application Design (2nd Edition) Paperback – Nov 16 2010
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robert Hoekman, Jr, is a passionate and outspoken user experience specialist and a prolific writer who has written dozens of articles and has worked with Seth Godin (Squidoo), Adobe, Automattic, United Airlines, DoTheRightThing.com, and countless others.
He also gives in-house training sessions and has spoken at industry events all over the world, including An Event Apart, Web App Summit, SXSW, Future of Web Design, and many others.
Robert is the author of the Amazon bestseller Designing the Obvious and its follow-up, Designing the Moment. His newest book, Web Anatomy, was coauthored by Jared Spool.
Learn more about Robert at rhjr.net. He is "rhjr" on Twitter.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Unlike "Designing the Obvious", this book does not spend much time on specifics "how-tos" on improving design. Rather, it presents a set of real-life stories of bad designs and how they were (or could have been) improved using the author's advice. The format, along with Hoekman's eminently readable style, make this a fast, enjoyable read.
My only regret about the book is that it cannot be made required reading for anyone delving into web design. If it was, the web would be a better place; as is, you can at least make your site stand out as one of those people actually *want* to visit by reading this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering