Developing Mental Toughness: Improving Performance, Wellbeing and Positive Behaviour in Others Paperback – Mar 15 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Trainers, coaches and managers
"If there were any doubt about the importance of mental toughness and its effect on performance, this book dispels them thoroughly and convincingly...The range of contexts in which mental toughness can be used is illustrated by the many case studies that are described here, but its value in developing leadership and management effectiveness is the area in which it has particular value. Practicing leaders and managers, especially those currently being developed, will benefit from diagnosis of their mental toughness, and from learning how they can use appropriate strategies to enhance their capability."
--Peter Cheese, Chair of ILM
"Mental Toughness has emerged as an important concept which can be used to help individuals understand their own capacity, strengths and weakness and helps coaches, managers and leaders understand the problems individuals and organizations may face when dealing with change. This timely book is very welcome - it describes in a very practical way an idea which appears to have almost unlimited application."--David Eva, unionlearn and Chairman of CWP
"I have worked with the authors for the past 5 years and have seen at first-hand what difference understanding mental toughness can make in developing a truly high performing organization. This is a timely and valuable addition to the reading list for anyone involved in people management or people development particularly in times of change and challenge."
--Neil Scales, CEO and Director General of Merseytravel
"Twenty-eight papers explore the study of how effectively individuals respond to stress, pressure, and challenge and consider how mental toughness can improve performance for the individual and the organization." --Journal of Economic Literature
"This is a fantastic resource for anyone using Mental Toughness coaching and for those who want to deepen their knowledge of the concept and its uses. You will find sound research and very useful case studies, examples of the broad range of practical applications and an insight into why Mental Toughness plays such a key role in empowering both individuals and teams. …A great read." --Aliya Ali-Afzal, Associate Director Executive MBA Careers, Hult International Business School
A valuable reference for coaches to enhance mental toughness in othersSee all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Aliya Ali-Afzal: Associate Director Executive MBA Careers, Hult International Business School
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Organizational Learning
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Training
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Education & Training
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Personality
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Training