- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Deviance: The Interactionist Perspective (7th Edition) Paperback – Jun 22 1998
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Everywhere we look, we find rules. At school, at home, in the office, in our town. Some people choose to break these rules and, in fact, become deviants. But why? This book focuses on how individuals make rules, how they enforce them, how they break them, and the consequences of these social actions. This book presents the interactionist approach to the study of deviance. It examines deviance as a social phenomenon, focusing on the interpretations and social reactions related to deviance. It argues that deviance is both a cause as well as a consequence of human arrangements. The main sections cover the definitions of deviance, sanctions, the world of social deviants, and the inner experiences of deviants. It includes articles on alcoholism, crime, drug addiction, homosexuality, and mental illness. Sociologists, social workers, therapists, health care professionals, law enforcement professionals, and teachers.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Social Psychology & Interactions
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Social Situations
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology