Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, , Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR(tm)) Paperback – Jan 1 2000
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I would recommend strongly (for both professionals, students, and the lay public), DSM-IV Made Easy by James Morrison. Morrison's book makes the DSM come alive. He illustrates technical points well, and provides interesting case examples that make you think of people when you read the diagnosis, not just symptoms.
Lee J. Markowitz, Department of Psychology, University of Waterloo (Ontario, Canada)
When I talk to another psychiatrist and say someone has schizophrenia, it helps to know we are talking about a presentation that, although it may be unique, fits general diagnostic criteria. Maybe not all of the criteria, but generally so.
I do not recommend this book to patients.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is informative and exactly what I was looking for.Published 5 months ago by Jessie Seigler
Book came in good time, wish I knew some of the pages had fallen out. I do have the pages, but I have to re glue them.Published 15 months ago by Emily Purcell
I had this book (DSM IV) from 10 years ago... Unfortunately, some one borrowed it and forgot to return to me. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Lourdes Assis
I ordered this book by mistake. My professor hadn't updated her syllabus. The DSM IV is no longer current The DSM 5 is the new one you need, published in May of 2013Published on Oct. 29 2013 by alternate reality
Pleased with this purchase visit bestbookdeals2012.com for other great offers.
Since the DSM-IV® was published in 1994, we’ve seen many advances in our knowledge of... Read more
It was very quick to ship and the book seemed to be in good condition the spine was alright but some of the pages had a little dust or dirt on them. Read morePublished on Sept. 13 2011 by Breanne
Don't laugh. This review is about the DSM. It's not a general description, as readers of MeTZelf will surely already know what the DSM is about. Read morePublished on Aug. 8 2011 by Mira de Vries
This book is a good choice for Clinical Diagnosis but, it would be great if you could find DSM5. Moreover, its a good choice for students or Psychiatrists and Social Workers. Read morePublished on Feb. 10 2011 by Shon2010
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Reference
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology