Dick Van Dyke Show - Season 3 [Blu-ray]
|List Price:||CDN$ 65.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 52.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 13.50 (20%)|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
DICK VAN DYKE:SEASON 3(3DISC)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This episode list reflects the order in which the programs are presented within this DVD collection, arranged in sequence by "Production Date" (the date of filming the show), which does not always necessarily match the "Air Date" chronology.
The original CBS-TV "Air Dates" are listed in parenthesis:
THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW -- SEASON #3 (1963-1964):
64. That's My Boy?? (First Aired: 9/25/1963)
65. The Masterpiece (10/2/1963)
66. Laura's Little Lie (10/9/1963) **
67. Very Old Shoes, Very Old Rice (10/16/1963) **
68. Uncle George (11/13/1963)
69. Too Many Stars (10/30/1963)
70. Who And Where Was Antonio Stradivarius? (11/6/1963)
71. Big Max Calvada (11/20/1963)
72. The Ballad Of The Betty Lou (11/27/1963)
73. Turtles, Ties And Toreadors (12/4/1963)
74. The Sound Of The Trumpets Of Conscience Falls Deafly
On A Brain That Holds Its Ears... (12/11/1963)
75. The Third One From The Left (1/1/1964)
76. The Alan Brady Show Presents (12/18/1963)
77. My Husband Is The Best One (1/8/1964)
78. Happy Birthday And Too Many More (2/5/1964)
79. The Lady And The Tiger And The Lawyer (1/15/1964)
80. The Life And Love Of Joe Coogan (1/22/1964)
81. A Nice, Friendly Game Of Cards (1/29/1964)
82. The Brave And The Backache (2/12/1964)
83. The Pen Is Mightier Than The Mouth (2/19/1964) **
84. My Part-Time Wife (2/26/1964) **
85. Honeymoons Are For The Lucky (3/4/1964)
86. How To Spank A Star (3/11/1964)
87.Read more ›
Season Three of the Van Dyke show had some classics, including the season opener, That's My Boy?? That particular show has a punchline that still, to this day, cannot be seen coming by the first-time viewer. The interviews with cast members are fun to listen to, but especially enjoyable is watching certain episodes with a talk-over track supplied by show creator, Carl Reiner, and Dick Van Dyke. It actually feels like you're sitting with the two of them in your living room, chatting about the show itself. If you're a first-time viewer to these shows, you have hours of enjoyment ahead of you. If you're a repeat viewer to these shows, you have, well, hours of enjoyment ahead of you.
This Season 3 package consists of five digital discs, each receiving its own "ThinPak" case, with appropriate (and very nice-looking!) high-resolution artwork and accompanying episode information. The outer slipcase features the "old-time TV" look, complete with a "lenticular" (3-D style) image adorning the mock "TV screen". The snappy-looking 3-D image offers up a "motion" picture of Rob Petrie (Dick Van Dyke) falling out of a jury box (from the episode "One Angry Man", which actually was not a Season 3 episode, but rather a program from the first season of the show).
By the way, it's also worth mentioning here that these season-three discs are all "Region Free" (or "Region Zero") encoded. This is a change from the two earlier boxed sets of this series, which were only encoded for "Region 1" playback.
This third-season set gives us 32 top-notch episodes with Rob and Laura Petrie and associated friends and neighbors (even though the packaging says only 31), including the hysterical "That's My Boy??", in which Rob is convinced he's brought the wrong baby home from the hospital. Also in Season 3: "October Eve", "Laura's Little Lie", "Big Max Calvada", and another of my all-time faves, "I'd Rather Be Bald Than Have No Head At All".
All of these episodes are uncut and unedited. The FULL shows, as filmed in 1963-1964, are presented here.
Picture quality is excellent throughout this set. These black-and-white shows have never looked so good! Good resolution, detail, and contrast. The original Mono sound is used, and it suffices just fine.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I just thought all of you would like to know that samsclub.com is selling seasons one through three for only $39.99 each!Published on April 12 2004 by algebra74
If you are a fan of this great show, then you won't be disappointed. I am thrilled to have these wonderful episodes on DVD. They are clean and uncut. Read morePublished on March 1 2004