Dictionary of Earth Science Paperback – Jan 27 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
THE LANGUAGE OF EARTH SCIENCE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS.
. Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you�re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of earth science or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts. .
. Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Earth Science, Second Edition:.
* Has been extensively revised, with 11,000 entries that fully define the language of the earth sciences.
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations.
* Provides pronunciations for all terms.
* Covers such topics as geology, geochemistry, geography, geodesy, geophysics, hydrology, oceanography, meteorology, and climatology.
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information.
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms � for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference.
. Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Earth Science, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication..
About the Author
Compiled by The Editorial Staff of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science And Technology (New York City), one of the most skilled, experienced, and innovative teams in the field of scientific publishing.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > English (British)
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences