. Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you�re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of earth science or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts. .
. Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Earth Science, Second Edition:.
* Has been extensively revised, with 11,000 entries that fully define the language of the earth sciences.
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations.
* Provides pronunciations for all terms.
* Covers such topics as geology, geochemistry, geography, geodesy, geophysics, hydrology, oceanography, meteorology, and climatology.
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information.
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms � for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference.
. Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Earth Science, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication..