- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Dictionary of Russian Personal Names: With a Revised Guide to Stress and Morphology Hardcover – Jan 31 1992
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...marvelous browsing, not only for the pedant and know-all but also for Russophiles or anyone with a command of the Cyrillic alphabet and an interest in Russian culture or history. An invaluable reference." Edward Morgan, MultiCultural Review
"...it is not just the major surname listing that makes Benson's dictionary so valuable. It is the compact, critical information that accompanies it and the supplementary reference material, including a full bibliography--that round this publication off and make this dictionary a 'must ' for Russianists. It should also be adapted for sale in Russia itself." Slavic Review
This Dictionary has been compiled to meet the need for a reference work on the stress and morphology of Russian personal names. It indicates the stress of approximately 23,000 surnames and describes general rules that enable users to determine the stress shifts, and lists the most frequently used Russian given names and their principal diminutives.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Russian
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Russian
- Books > Education & Reference > Genealogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > European
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Russian
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European
- Books > Textbooks > Reference