- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Differentiable Optimization and Equation Solving: A Treatise on Algorithmic Science and the Karmarkar Revolution Paperback – Oct 8 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
...beautifully done, well organized, and a valuable reference book on the subject.
- George Dantzig, Stanford University
Nazareth has written an excellent book that includes both introductory and advanced topics. It provides a description of many of the techniques in this area. In addition, the book is sprinkled with beautiful analogies and insights. These insights make this book an interesting read and a learning experience for both the novice and the expert.
- Henry Wolkowicz, Notes of the Canadian Mathematical Society
“This monograph brings together research that was published by the author in several journal papers. It tells an intriguing story of the mechanism that unifies and differentiates between the multitude of algorithms that were developed in the pre and post Karmarkar period. The reader is supposed to be familiar with advanced calculus, numerical analysis, and computer science. … it is aiming at researchers and advanced students. The text is written with the greatest care, a scholar example op clear mathematical writing.” (Adhemar Bultheel, Bulletin of the Belgian Mathematical Society, 2007)
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Optimization problems seek points that maximize or minimize stated objective functions over feasible regions that are defined herein by given sets of equality and inequality constraints. Read the first page Browse Sample Pages
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Operations Research
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Operations Research
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Evolution
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Game Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Differential Equations
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Linear Programming
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Popular & Elementary > Counting & Numeration
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Discrete Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Algorithms
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics