biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 20, 2009
I own all 3 of this series of Scott Kelby's books. I enjoy his writing, but this book I was really disappointed in. If you are into flash photography, then this book is ideal for you. If you're a landscape or nature photographer, then there is very little in here that would interest you. I think there is so much more in photography than using flashes and lighting equipment. I thought he covered the flash section in his second book. He also talks quite a bit about his Nikon D3 camera. I don't have one of those camera's so I wish he would quit wasting pages on how to set up the menu on only certain models of camera's like Canon or Nikon.
on October 10, 2009
I have read all three of Scott Kelby's photography books in this series and I have learned many lessons that have served me well.

The first book is the most helpful for beginners and volume two goes into more detail for more advanced photographers and this volume, number three, seems to be a mixture of both.

Written in easy to read one page tips with all the details of how a picture was taken, it is a book that is worth looking at over and over again. This book also contains lots of information on equipment, lighting and studio shooting.
on February 7, 2010
Good book. Like Scott Kelby's style. Comes across well described and entertaining. Got a little repetitive but has to in order to refresh thoughts and tips. Will recommend buying the boxed set because all three volumes are worth having around. Good book to go back to often to refresh methods and tips given. WIll highly recommend this book and the 3 volume series.
on June 27, 2010
As other reviewers have said, this is the third in Scott's series. If there is a fourth, I will be buying it as well. In one page of clearly written prose, Scott gives an incredible amount of information that certainly will help. Then, he throws in some gems as to certain gear to buy that make photography just that more enjoyable. In this book, it is a strap to replace the one that comes with your DSLR. I went with his suggestion and the strap he suggests is terrific. It beats the 'factory' issue by a country mile. If you are new to photography, these books are worth every cent. I would bet even those who have been working with a camera for a while will find information they can use.
No one that I have suggested buy this book has been disappointed.
on September 11, 2009
I read the first two volumes, and they were amazing, and I knew this one would be as well. I was right!! Tons of great tips, well laid-out, easy-to-read. If you're into photography, this book (and the previous volumes) are THE BEST books for getting better at what you already love doing.
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3
on May 7, 2014
Another great book from Scott's arsenal! It's great that as the Digital world changes, there are more books being written by Scott's team. I highly recommend this to anyone in photography. I have been shooting for over 20 years and I learn lots from all of Scott's books!
on February 6, 2010
The Digital Photography Book, Volume 3 is a must have for any beginner, or even advanced, photographer. It is packed with loads of techniques that get straight to the point, without any of the boring theory.
on January 28, 2011
This book is another great buy for anyone new to photography who wants to learn techniques without learning all the technical aspects behind them.

Best price was here on Amazon.ca
on April 12, 2013
Once again, Scott Kelby has created a series of short photography lessons that can be applied almost immediately to help you improve your technique. Highly recommended.
on January 20, 2012
I would not buy this one even if I am a beginner. The info is all repetition from the previous volumes. If you learn something is not worth the price.