Digital Portrait Photography 101: Learn to Take Better Pictures of Your Friends and Family! Paperback – Feb 1 2006
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Bill Hurter is the editor of Rangefinder" magazine, the former editor of "Petersen's PhotoGraphic," and the author of "The Best of Wedding Photography," "Group Portrait Photography Handbook," "The Portrait Photographer's Guide to Posing," and "Portrait Photographer's Handbook." He lives in Santa Monica, California.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
While this book is not very big it certainly had a lot of great information in it for a portrait novice like myself.
I had been asked to take some portrait shots over the holidays and I purchased this book to see if it would help. It helped alot. Mr. Hurter's writing style is clear and easy to understand.
As I knew nothing about portrait photography this book was able to fill in the huge gaps I had about lighting, posing, dealing with the subjects and much more.
I will use this book as a reference many times in the coming years!
It had some great pictures in it and was very easy to follow. A great book to throw in with your camera for reminders when out in the field
The only thing we have when buying online is the reviews. I would like Amazon to have some quality standards. I understand we all have different ideas about what we like, but, just paging through this book and seeing how bad the pictures are,(it's a "photography" book), should make someone ask about acceptability.
Yea, I know...it's only $11.66. But it's still a rip-off and they know it's not worth the hassle trying to get the money back.
Hey Amazon, how about some quality control ?!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Color
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Portraits
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Beginning Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design