Dinosaur Brains: Dealing with All Those Impossible People at Work Hardcover – Mar 20 1989
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
This book deals with irrational thinking and unconscious motivation at the office--"because people at work aren't always the rational creatures that other management books talk about." The authors cover basic personnel management theory and argue that people's irrational and emotional acts are based on primitive fight, flight, and fright responses--all part of the "dinosaur brain." They identify situations when such behavior is taking place and offer suggestions for what to do when coworkers behave in this manner. Although the basic information may be available in other sources, it is presented clearly and with the right amount of humor in this book. Recommended for all business collections.
- Michael Kathman, St. John's Univ., Collegeville, Minn.
Copyright 1989 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The concept of dinosaur brain and the lizard logic perfectly explain why colleagues, bosses, clients, etc cost us such a hard-time, inefficiencies and countless headaches.
After reading this book, you will not only learn to survive and fight off the dinosaur brains surrounding you but also to recognize your own dinosaur brain and muzzle it to your own advantage.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational