The Radian is one of the few options we have in Canada to keep our little ones rear facing for longer. With a 45lbs weight limit ant tall harness slots, the radian might get most of the kids rf till 4 years old.
- High weight and height limit Rear facing and forward facing;
- The low sides of the seat makes it really easy to lift a kid in and out;
- Provides lot of leg room for RF toddlers;
- The top tether can be used rear facing to control rebound;
- Well paded;
- 8 years lifespan (8 years after DOM);
- Diono has a great Customer service (french and English);
- When installed Rear facing, you can get an "Angle adjuster" for 13$. It's a Diono accessory that you put under the car seat to make it sits more upright. It suitable to use with infants that can sit unassisted and have good head control. It can't be use with a newborn. A newborn needs a 45 degreee angle. http://www.amazon.ca/Diono-Radian-Angle-Adjuster-1-Pack/dp/B006I1QTYQ/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_cp_1_VN3G?ie=UTF8&refRID=0S2P394H429SKAZTVKMJ
- This seat is HEAVY! It might not be a best bet if you plan on moving it frequently;
- The headwings tend to slip of position and are hard to adjust;
- The new harness pads are too big for small babies *** Call Diono and they might send you the smaller ones for free!***
- The harness can be hard to adjust (Ratchet type adjuster: pull, pull, pull...)
- The booster function is useless. The child must be 50lbs to use it and the belt guide is not adjustable. When the harness is outgrow, the booster is too.
-The radian can be really hard to install in some cars. It takes a few tricks to get a tight install. Remember that you only check for less than 1 inch of movement at the belt path.
I will edit my review when I will wash the cover!