Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat, Storm
|Price:||CDN$ 379.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Adjustable head support, reinforced for complete side impact safety
- Infant body support cushions
- Expandable sides and longer seat bottom for leg support and comfort
- 12 height positions a for adjustable head support
- Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle and offers more shoulder space
This item ships separately and in the original manufacturer's packaging. There will be shipping labels attached to the outside of the package. You may mark this item as a gift if you do not wish to reveal the contents.
Frequently Bought Together
The RadianRXT is a highly versatile car seat that could be the only seat you’ll ever need. It comfortably seats rear-facing children from 2.3 - 20.5 kg (5-45-Pound), forward-facing children from 10 - 30 kg (22-65-Pound) in 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children up to 54 kg (120-Pound). It’s built for strength and safety with a steel alloy frame, reinforced sidewalls, adjustable head support and our patented SafeStop energy absorbing harness. EPS foam surrounds the child's head and body to provide complete side impact protection. Our unique UAS compatible system makes installation easy. The RadianRXT is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions, and the only car seat rated for UAS compatibility. The RadianRXT sits low on a vehicle seat for easy child boarding, features memory foam padding and infant support pillows. Expandable sides and a longer seat bottom provide extra room and comfort for your growing child. One cup holder is included, with the option to add up to 4 cup holders. In addition to all this versatility, it folds flat for travel and storage, has a 10 year life and offers amazing safety, comfort and convenience your child won’t outgrow.
From the Manufacturer
The Only car Seat You'll Ever Need
Safety Features Protect Your Child from Injury
The RadianRXT's design begins with a full steel frame for a foundation that stands strong while other features disseminate crash forces away from your child. Aluminum reinforced side walls and head support lined with thick, energy absorbing EPS foam provide excellent side impact protection. The SafeStop energy absorbing harness provides extra protection for children up to 18.5 kilograms (40 pounds) in the forward-facing position. When installed, SafeStop provides bungee-like energy absorption which reduces impact on the child. Additionally, the RadianRXT boasts rear-facing tether capability to reduce seat rotation during an impact. This car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions. The RXT is tested at its maximum forward-facing, rear-facing, and booster weight capacities, and is rated for 10 years of life.
Adaptable Design Accommodates Growing Children, and Growing Families
The RadianRXT can be adapted to your child as they grow, keeping their car rides safe and comfortable for years. It fits children in the rear-facing position weighing from 2.3-20.5 kilograms (5-45 pounds), and children in the forward-facing position weighing from 10-29.5 kilograms (22-65 pounds). The RadianRXT also converts to a booster seat for kids up to 54 kilograms (120 pounds). An adjustable, reinforced head support offers 12 height settings to ensure the right fit for your child and provides additional side impact safety. Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianRXT can sit three across in most vehicles. Because it does not have a pedestal the seat sits relatively low, making child boarding easy. It also features a folding design, so storing or transporting the seat is easy. The car seat is FAA approved for use on airplanes. The machine washable cover and cup holder compatibility (up to four, one included) make this car seat even more convenient.
Comfortable Ride for Little Ones
All Radian seats have a deep shell that provides a more comfortable rear-facing ride, as well as a higher rear-facing capacity. This car seat features a plush cloth surface that feels soft against your little one's skin. Expandable sides and a longer seat bottom offer better leg support, and help keep children cozy as well as helping maintain a custom fit throughout their physical development. Two forward-facing recline positions allow the RadianRXT to fit a wide variety of vehicle seats. Body support cushions ensure infants and babies are safe, snug and positioned correctly.
- Rear-facing: 2.3 - 20.5 kg (5-45 lbs)
- Forward-facing: 10 - 29.5 kg (22-65 lbs) and up to 144 cm (57 in.) in a 5-point harness.
- Booster from 23-54 kg (50-120 lbs)
- Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides.
- SafeStop energy absorbing harness.
- Energy absorbing EPS foam panels on all sides.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- UAS compatible
- Infant body support cushions.
- Memory foam padding for superior comfort.
- 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions for custom fit.
- Expandable sides and longer seat bottom for leg support and comfort.
- 2 recline positions in forward-facing mode.
- Sits low on vehicle seat for easy child boarding.
- Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle.
- Add up to 4 cup holders (1 included).
- Folds flat for travel and storage.
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation.
- 10 year life
Seats children from 2.3 to 20.5 kilograms (5 to 45 pounds) in a 5-point harness.
Forward-Facing to 29.5 kilograms (65 pounds)
Seats children from 10-29.5 kilograms (22-65 pounds) in a 5-point harness.
Converts to Booster
Seats children from 23-54 kilograms (50-120 pounds) in booster mode.
Full Steel Frame
A full steel frame, aluminum reinforced sides, and energy absorbing EPS foam provide unmatched strength and safety.
12 height positions and aluminum reinforcement offer an additional layer of protection that grows with your child.
Fits 3 Across
Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianRXT can sit 3 across in most mid-size vehicles.
Features a folding design so storing or traveling with the seat is easy.
Diono's unique UAS system makes installation easy, strong and secure. An audible click and visual indicator let you know when the connectors are locked.
Total Side Impact Protection
Aluminum reinforced sides and headrest are lined with EPS foam to provide total side impact protection for your child.
NCAP Crash Tested
Every Diono car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe crash conditions. An NCAP crash test is twice the force of a standard crash test.
Rear-facing tether capability helps reduce seat rotation during an impact. This unique feature is not found on every car seat and provides an extra layer of protection when your child is rear-facing.
|Model||Rainier||Radian RXT||Pacifica||Radian R120||Olympia||Radian R100|
|Weight||2.3-54 kg (5-120 lbs)||2.3-54 kg (5-120 lbs)||2.3-54 kg (5-120 lbs)||2.3-54 kg (5-120 lbs)||2.3-50 kg (5-110 lbs)||2.3-45 kg (5-100 lbs)|
|Steel alloy frame and aluminum reinforced sides||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Space saving design allows for extra passenger room while providing spacious interior for child||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle||✓||✓||✓|
|Reinforced deeper sidewalls||✓||✓||✓|
|12 adjustable height positions for head support||✓||✓|
|Infant body support cushion||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Energy absorbing EPS foam panels on all sides||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Folds flat for travel and storage||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- High weight and height limit Rear facing and forward facing;
- The low sides of the seat makes it really easy to lift a kid in and out;
- Provides lot of leg room for RF toddlers;
- The top tether can be used rear facing to control rebound;
- Well paded;
- 8 years lifespan (8 years after DOM);
- Diono has a great Customer service (french and English);
- When installed Rear facing, you can get an "Angle adjuster" for 13$. It's a Diono accessory that you put under the car seat to make it sits more upright. It suitable to use with infants that can sit unassisted and have good head control. It can't be use with a newborn. A newborn needs a 45 degreee angle. http://www.amazon.ca/Diono-Radian-Angle-Adjuster-1-Pack/dp/B006I1QTYQ/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_cp_1_VN3G?ie=UTF8&refRID=0S2P394H429SKAZTVKMJ
- This seat is HEAVY! It might not be a best bet if you plan on moving it frequently;
- The headwings tend to slip of position and are hard to adjust;
- The new harness pads are too big for small babies *** Call Diono and they might send you the smaller ones for free!***
- The harness can be hard to adjust (Ratchet type adjuster: pull, pull, pull...)
- The booster function is useless. The child must be 50lbs to use it and the belt guide is not adjustable. When the harness is outgrow, the booster is too.
-The radian can be really hard to install in some cars. It takes a few tricks to get a tight install. Remember that you only check for less than 1 inch of movement at the belt path.
I will edit my review when I will wash the cover!
- excellent safety ratings
- extra head support
- easy to tighten and loosen straps and they get long enough to easily take kids out without arms getting stuck
- last up to 120 lbs... not that I think my kids will need them when in high school '
- never need to buy another booster
- fit three across
- low profile so my 3 yo can get into it without help
- heavy beast... but it is a steel frame
- have to re-thread the straps when child grows in height, so has to be uninstalled for that.
BRITAX MARATHON & BOULEVARD
- Excellent safety ratings
- easy install
- easy recline
- like the velcro tabs to attach straps when not in use.
- adjustable headrest to which the harness straps are attached, which means no re-threading of the harness straps. Can adjust without uninstalling car seat...RXT would be awesome if it had this feature.
- only last until 65 lbs.
- will need to buy a booster seat
- even pricier than the Radian RXT!
- dislike the pedestal. ... makes seat too high... no problem for our VW wagon, which is low to the ground, but a pain in the neck in our Acadia truck...Read more ›
These seats were pricey and having to buy two made it seem even worse, but we are really enjoying them and think we made a good choice.
Most recent customer reviews
Great car seat. Easy to buckle the baby which is very handy. I wish I found it earlier, I love the fact that this car seat grows with a baby.Published 2 days ago by Sergey Kuznetsov
Simply put, best convertible car seat. Well designed, it is not bulky (in comparison to other convertible car seats). My 5 year old can easily sit to and stand up from it. Read morePublished 4 days ago by DPoernama
My Diono arrived sooner than expected to our rural area and was easy to install in my Honda Pilot! My son fits comfortably and it's a breeze to buckle him in! Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
It's heavy but it seams to be a strong well built seat. This is the second one I've purchased. I feel that my children are as safe and secure in these seats. Read morePublished 7 days ago by ot
I love this car seat. It is the third or I've bought. The narrow seat allows for three across my back seat. Highly recommend this car seat.Published 7 days ago by Julie
Great seat, gave 4 stars cuz no arm rests which I wish it had. Saves dove I guess but not a very "cozy" convertible. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Tiffi
This is a lovely car seat. Feels heavy enough I don`t think in even a serious accident it could be ejected far. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Sarah Miller
Good seat. Very well built. Comes pretty much fully assembled. Wasn't hard to install but it is heavy.Published 24 days ago by Edmond