Want a superior vocabulary? Let Direct Hits help.
Words are our tools for learning and communicating. A proficient and robust vocabulary is critical to success in school, business, the professions, AND standardized tests such as the PSATand SAT. But even the most dedicated students dread memorizing long lists of seemingly random words.
Like its companion book Volume 1, Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT Volume 2 offers an approach that places the words in a context students can easily understand and remember. The books include the following features:
- Over 250 of the SAT’s most challenging words (those that often appear in Level 4 and Level 5 questions), not a phonebook-size list of words that never appear on the SAT
- Relevant, vivid, and memorable examples from popular movies, television, literature, music, historical events, and recent headlines
- Five easy-to-tackle chapters
- A Fast Review with quick definitions
- A Final Review with critical reading and sentence completion questions just like the real SAT
Building on the success of previous editions, the authors of Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT consulted secondary school teachers, tutors, parents, and students from around the world to ensure that these words and illustrations are right on target to further prepare you for success on the SAT.