US History in a Flash is the definitive prep book for both the AP US History exam and the SAT II US History subject test. The book is based upon a bold new approach. Instead of trying to be a mini-textbook that covers everything, US History in a Flash uses the Direct Hits’ selective approach of only focusing on topics that have generated clusters of questions. Here are some of the book’s unique features:
- 40 chronological chapters that focus on 196 key topics. Each topic is covered in a vivid narrative outline.
- Over 100 study tips that tell students what to ignore and what to emphasize.
- Correlations to the treasure trove of information found at the College Board’s AP Central website.
- Detailed chapters on the DBQ and Free-Response essays that include annotated sample essays and thesis paragraphs.
- A triple tier study plan that includes long-term, mid-term and short term materials. The short-term materials include ten Top Ten lists of key points students absolutely, positively have to know.
- Additional coverage of post-World War II topics that are often skimmed over or even skipped in classes that fall behind schedule.
- SAT vocabulary words taken from the renowned Direct Hits vocabulary books are integrated and defined in the narrative.