LIVE--One of the greatest bands ever. Known mainly for their "U2" style of music and their powerful lyrics, LIVE is one of those bands that most people have heard of, but not really heard. Their debut album "Mental Jewelry" was an amazing album, but it did not get noticed hardly at all. Then came their 2nd album "Throwing Copper" which hit and hit hard--sending LIVE to the top of the charts with singles like Selling The Drama, I Alone, and Lightning Crashes. Then came the highly underrated (and best album in my opinion), "Secret Samadhi" which captured the experimental, darker, and emotinal side of LIVE. The album was not as big as "Throwing Copper" but the music was definatly better. And now, their 4th album, "The Distance to Here", proves that LIVE can keep rocking for years to come. Here are my opinions of the tracks.
1. The Dolphin's Cry - 10/10--The hit radio single
2. The Distance - 9/10--catchy song with some cool lyrics
3. Sparkle - 9/10
4. Run to the Water - 10/10--One of my all time favorite LIVE songs--very catchy chorus with powerful lyrics
5. Sun - 9/10--one of the harder songs on the album
6. Voodoo Lady - 9/10--Cool lyrics mixed with some darker and harder riffs
7. Where Fishes Go - 8/10
8. Face and Ghost - 8/10
9. Feel the Quiet River Rage - 9/10
10. Meltdown - 10/10--very cool lyrics and catchy riffs
11. They Stood Up for Love - 9/10--another hit single
12. We Walk in the Dream - 10/10--A slower song mixed with darker riffs and some of Ed's more emotional lyrics
13. Dance With You - 10/10--Hands down my favorite ballad from LIVE--awesome guitar riffs with some cool lyrics.
So in the end--this album gets a 10/10. So far, LIVE has not dissapointed with ANY of their work. Keep it up.