- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Distributist Perspectives: Volume II: Essays on the Economics of Justice and Charity Paperback – Sep 1 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
D. L. O'Huallachain is the editorial director of IHS Press. John Sharpe is the publisher and managing director of IHS Press. Allan C. Carlson, PhD, has been an NEH fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and a presidential appointee to the National Commission on Children. He is the author of The American Way, Family Questions, and The Swedish Experiment in Family Politics and has contributed to The Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In our current economic environment, where both capitalism and socialism, those insidious blood brothers, are obviously failing, we desparately need the important teachings of Distributivsm, the Economics of Justice and Charity. And this excellent work, together with Belloc's "Servile State" and Chesterton's "Outline of Sanity" will provide any interested reader with sound foundation in this very important theory of economics.
The great Scholastic philsophers taught us that politics was a discipline within ethics. Following this, economics, also known by the Schoolmen as political economy, is also ultimately derived from ethics. And this is the essential teaching of the Distributist School.
In this collection of essays, that by S. Sagar on the general topic of Distributivsm is perhaps the best. But they are all really excellent. We strongly recommend this excellent book, and look forward also to its sequel. God bless.
I am going to purchased volume 1 also.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Sustainable Development
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Rural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Sustainable Development
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Development
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology