A guide to 250 dives in the world's 70 best locations.
Diving vacations are expensive, and good advance planning is critical. Lavishly illustrated, Dive provides comprehensive information on each destination -- its history, geography, marine life and special attractions. Informative maps pinpoint the diving sites. Quick reference charts list general conditions, such as water temperatures, visibility, "must sees," strong currents and travel advice.
The expanded new edition includes up-to-date information, as well as new -- and more accessible -- sites. Among the book's features are:
- More than 300 spectacular underwater photographs
- A grading system ranging from beginner to expert
- Authoritative diving notes from experts
- Support facilities such as dive centers, hospitals and recompression chambers
- Important safety information for each site
- Practical travel advice: how to get there, visa requirements, equipment availability.
Dive is organized into specific dives in 11 regions: North America, Pacific Ocean, Caribbean, Atlantic Ocean, Britain, Mediterranean, Red Sea, Africa, Indian Ocean, Australia and Southeast Asia. Destinations range from basic to extremely hazardous dives, making Dive a valuable reference for even the longest diving career.