Doctors' Work: The Legacy of Sir William Osler Hardcover – Sep 6 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Inspirational. (Bill Robertson Saskatoon Star Phoenix 2003-12-13)
A collection of wonderful photographs... sure to be a hit with the medical community, could also be a wonderful reference book for photography students. (Joe Bryksa Winnipeg Free Press 2003-12-07)
Old fashioned photojournalism... a real overview of the medical life... We find ourselves drawn into the images and empathizing with the subjects. (Don Denton Victoria Times-Colonist 2003-12-14)
From the Author
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS BOOK!
This book is a unique presentation of powerful black and white photographs depicting medical professionals in their work environment during real life situations.
The photographs are accompanied by Sir William Osler quotations which apply the principals and practice of medicine and, written a hundred years ago, they still influence today's medical profession.
The photographs are the centerpiece of this book and are also an excellent learning example for those interested in photography. As all the photographs are taken without adding flash, they provide an insight into taking pictures by existing light.
Not only is this book a classic combination of pictures with Osler quotations for the medical profession, it is an ideal learning tool for photographers. It will be valued by medical and photography students as well as those practicing their profession.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Canadian
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photo Essays
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( W ) > Williams, Ted
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Books > Medical Books > History
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine