Does Human Rights Need God? Paperback – Aug 31 2005
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Does Human Rights Need God? examines a timely question from a dozen expert vantage points -- each provocative and reader-friendly, together comprising a profound whole. Full of moral insights and well-honed argumentation, this book is certain to compel the attention of policy makers and the public alike." Madeleine K. Albright "This sophisticated engagement with the religious dimension of the moral foundations and political justifications of human rights is more urgently needed now than ever. The models of insightful and creative reflection presented here are as useful for policy makers and practitioners as for scholars and students of the field. "Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'im
About the Author
Elizabeth M. Bucar is a doctoral candidate in ethics at the University of Chicago Divinity School and has served as research associate for the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Ethics
- Books > Christian Living Store > Politics & Current Events
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Rights
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Ethics