Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - PlayStation 2
- 150 playable characters, including characters not playable or featured in previous games
- 20 different stages across both day and night
- New and improved fighting styles
- Disc Fusion system lets you access Budokai Tenkaichi 1 and/or 2 to unlock hidden content
- ESRB Rated T for Teen
- Platform: PlayStation2
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Platform for Display: PlayStation2
Dragon ball z: budokai tenkaichi 3 takes the lightning-fast fighting, flying and action featured in its predecessor and takes it to a whole new level with exciting new features, such as access to more than 150 playable characters, enhanced fighting techniques, and over 20 different battle stages. In budokai tenkaichi 3, different stages will occur in daytime or nighttime, with the presence of the moon allowing certain characters to transform and gain powerful new attacks! additionally, a disc fusion system will be exclusively available to the playstation 2 console, allowing players to use budokai tenkaichi 1 and or budokai tenkaichi 2 to unlock exclusive game modes.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Anyway here's the pros and cons of this game:
- GT Little Goku is here and other characters that didn't appear in the other games
- the power struggle (energy blast struggles) system is much better. In the 1st game it only had to be lasers, the 2nd game had both lasers and balls but they couldn't mix. in this game you can use your Kamehameha against the Big Bang attack and have struggles with it.
- SS4 Vegeta has a laser attack for both a regular and a super (Final Flash and Final Shine)
- new soundtrack
- pressing a direction and Square at the same time while performing an energy attack will make your attack stronger
- If you have a Budokai Tenkaichi 1 or 2 game save (I think this is how it happened) you get the same amount of characters that you got from the other 2.....Look in the con section
- Exp system gone and replaced by gaining levels to upgrade your potoras bar. so if I gained a level then that means i get an extra space. 7 is your maximum and some skills take up more than 1
- Story mode it awful (only good thing is that the battles for these chapters are looooonnnnnggggg! fewer chapters means longer fights Without a lot of loading)
- Dragon Points (which gain your levels for your characters) are tough to get
- cutscenes are lame (if you have 2 characters talking and then a 3rd will talk but doesn't come into the scene. You can hear voices in your head!)
- Big Characters can't be attacked by Speed rush attacks
- .....but some characters Like SS4 Vegeta or Goku from GT or even SS4 Goku aren't there as default characters. You still have to unlock them.
- 5 Gokus are a little too many but only because of A. base form gokus can have their own moves (There are Vegeta saga, Frieza/Cell Saga, Buu Saga, DB saga and of course, GT saga Gokus (GT is kid Goku)) and B. The Creators thought mabye this would be a wise idea so that they can have their customers (players) play a certain Goku that would be right for that saga. in other words, they don't want players to Transform into a SS3 while beating the crap out of Raditz (we've all done that before obviously).
This game is awesome but the 2nd one is just about as good. If you have no.2 and have the idea that playing as GT Goku is fun (like me) so you can eventually get 3, keep them both not only for the disc fusion system but also if you get sick of playing this game and want to start a new file in BT2, that can be a good thing. If you have just this one don't get BT2 and If you have no.2 but want to get no.3 rent it first because everything I put on this review is true. It's not that much of an improvement over the previous game. Also If you see this game in the store and looking at the 2nd or 3rd game at the same price (which rarely happens but sometimes it does) get this one or if you see the previous game 10 bucks less than this one just wait a little longer to get some more cash to get it.
P.S. I Wished they would make this game into a PS3 Version.