Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0, English
|List Price:||CDN$ 99.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 49.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 50.01 (50%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before
- Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12's natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text-with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control-for easy proofing and multi-tasking
- Energy Star Compliant:null
|Tax Central 2015|
Prepare yourself for this Tax Season. Visit Tax Central, your shop for all things tax.
- Platform: Windows 8 / Vista / 7 / XP
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location
Use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone
Dragon Home turns talk into text with greater recognition and formatting accuracy than ever before. Capture your ideas at the speed of thought without letting typing, spelling, or fear of the blank page slow you down. Say words and they appear on your computer screen - three times faster than typing - with no spelling mistakes. Correcting your dictated text is fast and easy, too.
Use your favorite applications to dictate documents, send e-mail, search the web, or network with friends and family. Speak simple voice commands to launch applications, select menu items, "press" keys, save files, or switch from one window to another. Dragon 12 Home makes working on your PC for home or school easier and more enjoyable than ever before.
Key New Features
- Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt by detecting your format corrections - abbreviations, numbers, and more - so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time.
- Use Dragon with two of the most popular web-based e-mail applications - Gmail and Hotmail - with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions.
- An interactive tutorial provides simulations to enable you to learn and practice good dictation, correction, and editing habits so you can become more proficient with Dragon in record time.
- Use an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (4th gen) or now a compatible Android device as a remote microphone for flexibility and convenience.
- Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11.
- If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
Ignite More Fun at Your PC
Dragon 12 Home lets you say words and watch them appear on your computer screen. It’s easy to install and fun to use, making even mundane PC tasks more enjoyable. It changes the way you interact with your PC for the better so you can get through your "to-do" list faster than ever before.
Ignite Creativity by Capturing Your Spoken Thoughts
Simply speak and Dragon captures your thoughts so you’ll never lose track of another great idea. Capture your thoughts quickly and completely, without having to keep your eyes fixed on the screen or keyboard. When it’s time to edit and revise your documents, use Dragon’s commands to breeze through the process. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
Ignite Productivity by Turning Talk into Text
Turn talk into text three times faster than typing with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Dragon 12 Home adapts to your voice and the words you use to deliver better recognition results over time. You can even personalize Dragon with acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases that you frequently use.
Ignite Convenience by Using Your Favorite Applications
In addition to DragonPad, the built-in text editor, you can use Dragon 12 Home with many of your favorite Windows applications.
- Dictate documents in Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, or OpenOffice Writer.
- Send e-mail in Microsoft Outlook or Windows LiveMail.
- Search the web using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Post to Facebook or Twitter.
Dragon 12 Home even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
Ignite Speed with Powerful Intuitive Voice Commands
Dragon Voice Shortcuts collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands you can use at any time, no matter which applications are currently active. For example, say: "Search the web for licensed electricians in Brooklyn, New York" or "search Google for 87 divided by 12" and Dragon makes it happen. You can also say "open top site for Girl Scouts" and Dragon automatically opens the top-ranked page for these keywords. You can even use voice commands to schedule tasks and appointments and search your computer faster than ever before.
Ignite Comfort and Freedom
With Dragon 12 Home, you can use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. You can even use your compatible iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone for optimal convenience.
Ignite Ease of Use, Right Out of the Box
Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. The Dragon Help system contains a "Tip of the Day" window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you. The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location. And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor
- Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor
NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. SSE2 instruction set is required.
- Recommended: 2 MB L2 cache
- Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache
Free Hard Disk Space
- 3.2 GB
- 4 GB for localized non-English versions
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Recommended: 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit; 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Minimum:1 GB for Windows XP; 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)
NOTE: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick, anonymous process). This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Use Dragon with Gmail and Hotmail with Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions (view larger).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Installed on an old 2008 laptop that barely meets the horsepower requirement, but it runs well. There is a little bit of lag but I don't have to change the speed that I'm speaking. Very satisfied and was able to make some notes on a document much more quickly than if I was writing. Looks like this will be useful tool for a long time.
Then when I actually tried talking into the mic normally, what came out on the screen wasn't even close to what I'd said. It would get two or three words right out of ten or so. I'd try a shorter sentence. No better.
I called tech. From their advice, I purchased a sound card adapter. Still no better.
I bought this software to assist me with emails, and surfing. Sometimes I type too fast, and I have to correct my mistakes.
All I can tell you is it didn't work for me at all. Very disappointed.
It's up to you what you decide.
One final word here...I was fully refunded my purchase price. But that's the only good thing I have to say about the experience.
I have used the Speech Recognition software that comes with Vista (kind of a joke) and Windows 7 (better) but Dragon has them both beat hands-down. Dragon has an impressive ability to 'hear' what you're saying and using it for commands works pretty good too. It also self-trains and will suggest updating its database after each session when you close out of Dragon. I haven't used it extensively yet but I'm confident that if you take the time to train it properly you won't even have to watch the monitor at all, just proofread when you are finished.
I have found the "correct" command to be a bit clunky and "spell that" has given me some trouble but the words were names or unfamiliar words and I was in a hurry so just used my keyboard for that. However I must comment that Dragon does have an excellent vocabulary of words already in it's database. As for dictation, I found I was able to speak more words in a 'packet' (at a time) than the instructions indicated. Dragon flowed along and I found I didn't have to break my sentences up into such small portions for it to keep up.
The headphones that come with it are good quality.
For absolute bliss having a wireless (bluetooth) headset would be great, an ability the higher-grade Premium version apparently offers.
This software was not sold directly from Amazon.ca but through another company and there was no difficulty whatsoever. The product arrived much sooner than the estimated delivery date. They also included a slip with contact information if I was displeased in any way.
I would highly recommend this product to anyone doing creative writing or a fair amount of typing. Or has trouble typing!
Most recent customer reviews
I use Windows 10 and this version of Dragon is not designed or adapted for Windows 10. Dragon 13 has been adapted for Windows 10 users. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Liz in Edmonton, AB
I use speech recognition a lot as i have severe nerve damage in my hands. This version ( 12.5 updated ) Works great where I use it a lot...in Tinychat rooms. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Darth-Viper
The program is pretty good and it arrived fast and did what it should do. I was suprise it came with a headset. Read morePublished 3 months ago by trev
I work from home and after injuring myself with bad posture I needed to start typing a lot less. I had heard about this product and decided to try it. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer