This comprehensive guide to Macromedia Dreamweaver 2 for Mac and Windows serves as both an introductory aid for beginners and a useful reference tool for more experienced users. Lowery does it all: he explains features and technologies fully, throws in lots of usage tips and cross-references, and offers screen shots and step-by-step projects.
General interest Internet topics get their due, and the book covers multimedia elements, including how to add video, audio, and Shockwave movies to your Web page. For larger-scale Web sites, the sections on Cascading Style Sheets and XML will be useful, and information on dynamic databases and e-commerce issues wrap the book up nicely.
The appendices offer primers on the HTML editors BBEdit and HomeSite--advanced HTML editors for Mac and Windows users (respectively)--and on Dreamweaver Attain, a companion Dreamweaver program that helps you create instructional Web sites. The companion CD-ROM includes demos of Macromedia's Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash 3; sample code used in the book; and Dreamweaver behaviors, objects, commands, style sheets, and inspectors. --Kathleen Caster
If Dreamweaver 2 can do it, you can do it too With its groundbreaking page-layout capabilities, new Dream Templates and Commands, unique site-management functions, plus support for the latest Web technologies, Dreamweaver 2 brings you more control and more flexibility than ever before. Whether you're creating heavy-action sites packed with sound effects, Shockwave movies, sophisticated animations, or data-driven, interactive sites for e-commerce, you'll find all the information you need to speed construction, smooth maintenance, and power up your pages in Dreamweaver 2 Bible. Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Dreamweaver 2
- Quickly build a site using Dreamweaver's windows, palettes, and inspectors
- Drop links, client-side image maps, and interactive forms into your site
- Manipulate elements online or offline using Cascading Style Sheets
- Set up frames easily with Dreamweaver's click-and-drag functionality
- Create Web pages with active content through Dreamweaver's new database connectivity partners
- Preview audio, video, and other active content at design stage
- Add a third dimension to your Web page with Dynamic HTML layers
- Explore Web-based learning opportunities with Dreamweaver 2 Attain
- Include the latest Web technologies such as XML and SMIL
- Style sheets
- Browser profiles
- Beatnik Player
- A Web resource directory and all the sample code from the book
About the Author
Joseph W. Lowery has been writing about computers and new technology since 1981. pl?idgbook:0-7645-0379-0:book-idg::uidg323">Buying Online For Dummies (IDG Books Worldwide). He has also written books on using the Internet for business and HTML, and has contributed to several books on Microsoft Office. Joseph is currently Contributing Editor for GadgetBoy, an online consumer review service, as well as Webmaster for a variety of sites. Joseph and his wife, dancer/choreographer Debra Wanner, have a daughter, Margot.