Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Audio CDChange

on December 19, 2011
Tony Bennett belongs to that pantheon of musical masters that includes Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. At the age of 85, Bennett's new album gives clear indication that his legacy is ensured: it is destined to become a classic, from a man who is the epitome of the "class act". His voice is in characteristically good form, and even when sharing the microphone with other singers of renown, Bennett commands our ear and with it, our respect. Although all of the songs on this CD are worthy of repeated listening, the duets with Amy Winehouse, Aretha Franklin, k.d. lang and Lady Gaga are of particular note. With "Duets II", Tony Bennett has scaled yet another peak and given music lovers an album that will be played for years to come.
on December 29, 2011
I was never really a big fan of Tony Bennett but, nevertheless I thought that I might enjoy his two CD's titled Duet and Duet II! Well, was I ever surprised at the quality and the content of both CD's - great songs, great music and sound! Bennett's voice combined and intermingled with such famous and talented singers like Andrea Bocelli, Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin, Faith Hill, Lady Gaga, Willie Nelson and others makes these CD's a must for all that enjoy quality music! I strongly recommend both Duet CD's and I am truly glad that I purchased them both!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon September 20, 2011
Sony Records presents "DUET 2" -- With the same perfection in his voice and the quality melodies of arrangements and friends, Tony Bennett with his follow-up CD of "DUETS" (released September 26, 2006) won 3 Grammy Awards and his best selling album ever -- which was a milestone in his career, as he journeys with the Great American Standards of Our Time.

Long time Columbia Record artists Tony Bennett never sounded better. Just listen closely for any flaws in this 85 year young singer, there isn't any. Never better is our favorite singer, if you're a fan or not, you can't dispute the magic that Bennett radiants when he sings. Very lush arrangements with an inner mix of Jazz and Easy Listening - the combination takes you into an endless world of melodic shadows which transforms into a pure delight.

The personnel on this album: -- Tony sings with Lady Gaga, Aretha Franklin, Amy Winehouse, Sheryl Crow, Faith Hill, Norah Jones, John Mayer, Willie Nelson, Alejandro Sanz, Queen Latifah, Carrie Underwood, Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble, K.D. Lang, Mariah Carey, Josh Groban and Natalie Cole -- all top recording artists in their own rite.

Phil Ramone produced the original DUETS as well as DUETS II.

'Duets 2' (Track Listings & Time):

Quality of Sound: 4 Stars
Performance: 5 Stars
Mixing: 4 Stars
Overall: 5 Stars [Arrangements & Song Selection]

Total Time: 59 min on 17 Tracks ~ Sony Records ~ (September 20, 2011)
on April 14, 2012
Really enjoyed watching the recording sessions of this CD on PBS. So it was neat to get the CD itself! Glad we ordered it. It was a great idea to make CDs of duets with other famous singers. Opened my mind to Tony Bennett, as I wasn't a real fan before, but now like to listen to him in duets. A very good CD to buy!
on February 28, 2012
Some of the performances are dynamic and it's all very nicely done. However, if you only want to own one Tony Bennet CD skip this and buy Playing With My Friends. It's 5-star all the way. Playin W/My Friends Bennett
on May 1, 2015
I like listening to it every once in a while, because of the different artists on there, but this theme is played so much I end up having the same song by so many different artists, it's getting to be "old hat".
on November 4, 2011
I've been listening to Tony for more than 40 yrs. Saw him in concert. He hasn't changed a bit, a class act and a gentleman! Duets 1 is awsome and Duets 11 is just as wonderful. Very highly recommended!
on November 12, 2011
I just love the music on this CD. I was excited to hear the song by Tony & Amy Winehouse and was not disappointed. Anyone who likes Tony Bennett's music needs to own this CD.
on February 17, 2012
After viewing this recent dvd Duets II, one wishes it would be at least another 2 hours long. An exceptional dvd. Thank you Mr. Bennett. Have a good day. cheers, robert r.
on January 17, 2014
I'm not a huge Tony Bennett fan, but this duet CD is great. Good singers, and he sings along beautifully with all of them. I would recommend this for easy listening.